Risk - Senior Credit Officer - Vice President
Position Overview Key responsibilities:
Key skill and qualifications:
- Analysis of risk across the spectrum of private banking products (cash, derivatives) and securities - fixed income, equities, (hedge) funds, etc) from transactional approval to counterparty portfolio assessment
- Work closely with the front office's Lending team and Relationship Managers, and support the growth of WM's lending book by managing the risk on a portfolio of private banking counterparties in North Asia.
- Portfolio coverage shall be focusing on large and complex structure as well as club deals crossed with Corporate & Investment Banking Division or syndicated banks.
- Transparent communication of decision making incl. risk analysis, approval condition
- Analyze global, regional and local market events and their impact on the portfolio of counter parties managed
- Liaise with clients, interface directly with front office staff across the WM business division on credit approvals, credit requirements and relationship matters
- Follow up on trade execution. Ensure trades are properly booked / recorded / monitored, credit terms are incorporated in confirmations / underlying documentation is properly completed
- Daily monitoring of credit portfolio status to ensure that appropriate portfolio quality and any risk concentrations and risk limits do not exceed defined risk appetites and are compliant with risk policies and regulations.
- Ensuring global risk reporting systems contain timely and accurate information
- Support the team in system implementation and in provision of credit data for internal/external audit review
- Support any adhoc projects assigned on a regional or global level.
- 8 - 10 years relevant experience in credit analysis in major International Financial Institutions
- Solid experience in covering Wealth Management structured credit transactions, preferably with knowledge in financial analysis for corporates and dealing with corporate finance transactions
- Good grasp of risk dynamics of financial products and derivatives (Forex, Swaps, Options, and Strategies) in respect of key Private Banking activities
- Regional counterparty experience preferred
- Familiar with regional/international financial markets and legal & regulatory issues relating to cross border lending transactions
- Familiar with legal documentation and risk issues, including ISDAs, netting, and credit mitigating features
- Strong communicator (both written and verbal skills) with an ability to write concise reports
- Have an open mindset and respects challenging views from different stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and an independent decision-maker with ability to support or defend conclusions.
- Team oriented, flexible, diligent, self-motivated and willing to set example to junior teammates
- Ability to work effectively with wide range of cultures / personal styles and to establish strong partnership with front office staff
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines as well as working with front-office staff in amicable manner
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.