- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB, Hong Kong Branch
- 13 Aug 18 2018-08-13
Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB (“SEB”) is a leading Nordic financial services group, guided by a strong belief that entrepreneurial minds and innovative companies are keys in creating a better world. We provide universal banking services in Sweden, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. In Asia we provide our home market corporate banking and financial institution clients with a wide range of services. We also serve local companies aiming to extend their operations to the Nordic countries and the rest of Europe. In Hong Kong, the product range includes Cash Management, Trade Finance, Lending, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Equities and Corporate Advisory services.
Group Compliance and Risk are two control functions within the SEB Group. They are global and independent from the business organisation, reporting to the CEO and the Board. Together, Group Risk and Group Compliance forms the second line of defence within the bank and shall assess the efficiency of the first line’s risk management and report on risks and risk development.
Group Compliance is responsible for ensuring compliance quality and for driving and promoting compliance issues on behalf of the management and the Board of Directors. The Compliance function shall inform, advice, control and follow-up on all compliance issues.
Risk Control is responsible for market, counterparty, liquidity and operational risk control as well as new product approval for SEB Hong Kong Branch. The Risk Control function has frequent interaction with the global organization.
This is a position that offers both Risk Control and Compliance exposure towards Equities, Fixed Income and FX trading as well as Treasury and Cash Management business. The role will be a mix of daily routine tasks and supporting the Heads of Risk Control and Compliance with analyses and other tasks. This is a shared role between Risk Control and Compliance functions.
Given the broad range of tasks, this will be a challenging role with good potential to grow in experience and knowledge.
Job Title: Risk Analyst
Reporting to: Head of Compliance Hong Kong, Head of Risk Control Hong Kong
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform routine monitoring tasks in relation to regulatory systems and controls, including AML transaction monitoring;
• Assist in ad-hoc/routine questionnaires/assessments upon regulators’ requests; • Provide AML/CFT support and guidance to business units;
• Provide Compliance trainings and presentations when required;
• Compliance administrative tasks.
• Assist Head of Risk Control to prepare relevant risk reporting to local management and Group Risk Control.
• Assist Head of Risk Control in education and usage of risk tools for managers and staff in the branch.
• Assist in the monitoring of trading activities for Hong Kong branch.
• Control and monitor risk limits and/or tolerance levels. Escalate possible breaches according to Group Risk instructions.
• Follow and understand the local regulations and their impact on the business. Ensure that group risk frameworks and policies are suitable for the local environment and regulations.
• The Asia Risk team works closely together, which means frequent interaction and support to the team members in Singapore and Shanghai.
• Graduate degree with finance/legal or other professional qualification is required;
• 3-4 years relevant working experience in the financial industry;
• Effective communication and organizational skills are required and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, cooperate up, down, and across the employee chain;
• Preferably with good understanding of products in the areas of Equity, FX and Fixed Income;
• Strong reading, interpretation and analytical skills; • Diligent, proactive, and willing to keep learning;
• Ability to structure, co-ordinate and organise tasks in a busy environment and to work independently;
• Strong written and spoken English and Chinese.