Risk & Compliance Specialist (Internal)
Capco is a global business and technology consultancy dedicated solely to the Financial Services industry. We deliver innovative solutions in Banking, Capital Markets, Wealth and Investment Management and Finance, Risk and Compliance.
A Word About Us
Capco is a global business and technology consultancy dedicated solely to the Financial Services industry. We deliver innovative solutions in Banking, Capital Markets, Wealth and Investment Management and Finance, Risk and Compliance. As the pressures of regulation, cost reduction, and customer expectations grow, we design, build and operate technology for specific operations and entire organizations. We collaborate closely with our clients, equipping them to better meet the challenges of today, while preparing them to exploit tomorrow’s opportunities. Through our hands-on consulting resources, we go beyond strategy. We provide the necessary technology architecture and implementation that well positions our clients to transform and to achieve operational excellence, manage IT complexity, better understand, predict and control risk and develop practical and productive responses to regulation.
Lets Get Down to Business
The Risk and Compliance team is responsible for monitoring the risk and controls which reside across Capco, ensuring that staff conduct specific business activities according to corporate policies and standards and at appropriate risk levels. The position will be the primary contact for their region, monitoring KRIs, reviewing key business processes, control effectiveness, evaluating contracts for risk and promoting continuous improvement across the organization through deployment of risk response activities.
- Act as 2nd Line of Defense
- Ensure strategic objectives of risk management program are met including execution of risk assessment activities, coordination of risk response
- Perform risk assessments related to Deal Reviews, Data Protection, Vendor Management and Enterprise Risk Management programs as well as other consulting projects throughout various risk disciplines while identifying potential issues, control gaps and potential process efficiencies
- Educate and train all levels of staff and business associates about the risk management program and their respective responsibilities in carrying out program provisions
- Review significant events and advise business owners of action steps required to prevent future recurrence
- Documents risk analysis and controls and evaluates control design and continuous control improvement
- Manages specific areas of exposure
- Participates in projects designed to mitigate risks including generating action plans for issues/gaps
- Tracks, coordinates and resolves issues identified in any and all related control, compliance or risk work
- Other related duties assigned as needed
Show Us What You’ve Got
You will need…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Insurance, Risk Management or related profession or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years experience in a similar role
- Exceptional communication skills; a good command of English is a must, with Cantonese reading/writing preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be a team player, able to build relationships with stakeholders, build consensus and influence decisions
- Good problem solving skills; ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and manage a large number and variety of projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Advanced Skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point, O365)
- Experience using databases such as SharePoint
- Exhibit initiative, resourcefulness, and assertiveness in obtaining information needed to proceed with projects with minimal supervision.