SSGA BU Compliance Manager
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- State Street
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
SSGA BU Compliance Manager
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is a global leader in institutional asset management, entrusted with more than $2.4 trillion in assets. For more than three decades, sophisticated investors worldwide have benefited from our disciplined, precise investment process and powerful global platform offering access to every major asset class, capitalization range and style across the indexing and active spectrums. Our mission, plain and simple, is helping our clients achieve financial security. Since this means something different for each investor, we devote significant time up front to thoroughly understand their specific needs, and then apply our experience and intellectual rigor across a broad toolkit to develop and manage thoughtful, targeted solutions aimed at ensuring their success. The firm employs more than 2,200 people globally in 17 countries, and has nine investment centers across the Americas, Europe and Asia.
SSGA is the investment management arm of State Street Corporation, one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutions.
SSGA's Compliance team of approximately 68 professionals works to ensure that SSGA meets all regulatory requirements globally and is a trusted partner on regulatory and compliance issues.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and researching applicability of new rules and regulations. Acting as a subject matter expert in regulatory governance, providing insight on industry best practice, and benchmarking
- Participate in new business or financial product launch, provide compliance advice on different new business initiative/products and conduct suitability review
- Assist to educate compliance and business personal on applicable compliance-related rules and regulations, including Securities and Futures Ordinance in Hong Kong, Securities and Futures Act in Singapore, QFII and RQFII related regulations in China, Financial Investment Services and Capital Markets Act in South Korea, Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and Investment Company Act of 1940 in United States, and other regulatory requirements for investment advisers, mutual funds, exchange traded funds, and other financial products
- Advise business personnel on the effectiveness of the design and implementation of business controls in different business lines
- Escalate compliance issues or concerns to the attention of senior management
- Review marketing materials and refine the process on a risk-based approach
- Assist to manage key projects from the initiation and planning stages through execution and completion
- Interacting with regulatory agencies and internal/external legal staff on regulatory exams and inquiries
- Supporting the continuous enhancement of SSGA's compliance oversight programs
- Working with Compliance Oversight Program key stakeholders to define, prioritize, and achieve strategic objectives while ensuring projects delivered meet approved requirements
- Assist to prepare and present for annual and periodic compliance program reports/reviews to satisfy client, regulator, and internal management requirements, where applicable
- Implementing and administering compliance policies and procedures.
- University degree preferably in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Law or a related discipline
- Minimum of 5-8 years' experience in the Compliance or Legal functions of an asset management company, or from the SFC or an equivalent regulator.
- Demonstration of knowledge in SFC requirements related to registered collective investment schemes, together with a working knowledge of jurisdictions in other Asia ex-Japan region.
- Good knowledge of industry best compliance / regulatory practice, together with relevant fund management, dealing and distribution practices and procedures.
- Good command of both written & spoken English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks in a high pressure, deadline-driven environment
- Strong abilities in analytical thinking, problem solving, research, time management, and verbal and written communication
- Capable of producing high quality and/or final work product and solutions under strict regulatory or management deadlines
- Good working attitude by taking ownership and initiative to streamline work process within a demanding and international environment of a leading global financial institution
- Ability to effectively collaborate with individuals across business units/lines