SSGA Legal Counsel, Vice President
- Market Rate
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- State Street
- 16 Oct 17 2017-10-16
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success. Our promise to
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and prohibits discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of any legally protected characteristics.
To provide legal support to State Street Global Advisors in the Asia ex-Japan region under the supervision of senior legal counsel. Primary responsibilities include:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating investment management agreements and other types of client agreements
- Reviewing and drafting documentation in connection with launching and maintaining exchange traded funds or privately offered funds
- Reviewing and negotiating trading agreements, including broker agreements and ISDAs
- Drafting and reviewing intercompany service agreements, third party vendor agreements and other miscellaneous agreements
- Advising on applicable laws and regulations and instructing external counsel, where necessary
- Updating legal team and business of legal and regulatory developments in the region
- Working closely with the different Business functions
- Provide general financial services legal advice in a clear and commercial manner.
- Licensed to practice law in Hong Kong, Singapore or Commonwealth jurisdiction with 4-7 years of legal experience in law firm and/or in-house position
- Experience in the asset management industry preferred
- Fluent spoken and written English mandatory, fluent Mandarin and written Chinese preferable
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to sustain strong relationships with clients, peers and staff and to work well in a team environment
- Ability to interact with multiple levels in an organization and in multiple jurisdictions
- Solution oriented; ability to multi-task and prioritize; attention to detail
- Self motivated
- Experience in the intermediary sector will be considered an advantage
- Knowledge and experience in Chinese law will be considered an advantage
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.