An exciting Regional Leadership role to join an International Bank currently undergoing significant expansion in the Risk Management functions in Asia....
Building-out a New Team
Regional 2nd Line Business Operational Risk
Based in Hong Kong or Singapore
Our Client is an International Banking Group with an established and growing presence in Asia. The Bank mainly engages in Corporate Banking, Institutional Banking, Transaction Banking, Global Markets and Asset Management business activities in Asia. As part of strategic growth in Asia, a newly created team is being formed in Operational Risk Management supporting the Corporate & Institutional Banking businesses and is now seeking an experienced professional to lead the regional team. The position can be based in either Hong Kong or Singapore.
The key responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Leading the setup of a new regional Second Line of Defence Business Operational Risk Management Team
- Take a lead role in supporting the Corporate Banking, Institutional Banking, Coverage and Transaction Banking businesses on operational risk matters
- Establish and develop operational risk management processes and procedures and challenge the First Line Operational Risk program execution including planning, assessment, mitigation, monitoring and reporting, risk acceptances and new business initiatives
- Lead a small regional team to perform independent risk assessment across the various lines of businesses, deliver the results and work with the First Line Risk Management teams as a partner to identify all operational risks, assess impact, provide remediation solutions and develop action plans
- Review, monitor and ensure adequate controls are in place for identifying and addressing risk issues according to regulatory and internal risk management requirements
- Provide consultative advice to the Businesses and First Line Risk Management teams on risk management priorities and meeting operational risk program standards while identify opportunities to influence best practices
Successful applicants will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualified ideally with relevant professional qualifications in audit, risk or compliance
- Min. 12+ years relevant experience across a combination of operational risk management, audit, compliance and / or 1st line business risk management roles
- Must have experience in Corporate Banking, Institutional Banking and / or Transaction Banking (cash, payments, trade finance etc.)
- Good knowledge of enterprise risk management framework, risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance
- Familiarity to banking rules and regulations in Asia
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English
If interested, please press “Apply” or contact email@example.com
All information is treated as strictly confidential.
Bowen Partners Pte Ltd is a licensed employment agency in Singapore. MOM Agency Licence No. 16S7881. EA Licence No. R1654883.