- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 21 Apr 18 2018-04-21
SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
Major Accountabilities / Principal Responsibilities
Product & Market Knowledge
The employee will acquire a good knowledge of:
- Derivatives Products for corporate clients (FX, Rates, MM, Commodity and investment / LIS) and Risk Management
- Financial markets overall, their dynamics and how these impact our clients
- Corporate finance knowledge, to be able to provide client with suitable and relevant market comments and advisory, including their hedging policy or strategy and their consequences
The employee will also progressively acquire a sound knowledge of Socgen offer (structured finance capabilities, debt capital market offer) and general organisation.
Finally, the employee will master the Socgen relevant tools for the role: X-One, Meteor, I Forces, I flow, RARORC calculator, SCOW.
Sales Talent & Efforts
Under close supervision of a Senior Sales at the beginning and gaining progressive autonomy, the employee will produce analysis and clear, compliant and intelligible marketing materials to be used in the Market Risk Advisory activity. This will consist in particular by conducting sectorial research, performing data and financial analysis (corporate or transaction specific, sectorial / market trends) to identify key angles (or assist clients on specific topics) to then suggest relevant hedging solutions.
The employee will occasionally perform tasks related to X-Sell and Commodity structuring activity. On transaction originated by Senior sales, the employee will, when instructed to do so by Senior Sales:
- Perform Credit Risk and profitability analysis
- Perform pricing in relation with trading and structuring teams when relevant
- Build pitches
- Update X-Sell pipeline tools
As opportunities arise and to develop the employee marketing capabilities, the employee will attend client meetings. Progressively, the employee will present some parts of various pitches.
As per instruction of Senior Sales or proactively, the employee will perform market intelligence, identify the needs of each client segment, what competitors do in terms of products, feedback the information to management, other sales teams, ENG / Structuring teams and trading teams to improve capabilities of the platform.
Team Work & Cooperation
The employee will:
- Work closely and back-up other team members to ensure client business continuity, ensure effective team work within local but also global teams, as well as with other departments in the group
- Develop dialogue with other sales in all centers regionally & globally to facilitate information sharing and to foster cross selling and client referral
- Maintain close relationship with MRA teams globally to keep abreast of MRA initiatives and push and adapt them to the Asia Pacific area, when relevant
- Be in charge of maintaining as the case may be pipelines and follow up files
- Fit in well with rest of team and into SG's culture
Reporting and Transparency
The employee will regularly report various results / progress / achievements but also impediments / issues and immediately raise internal or external incidents if any to Senior Sales and necessary stakeholders. Based on Senior Sales instructions, he / she will enter information on client and meeting into IC or any other CMU tools that is applicable (where iC is not useable because of regulatory constraint), report to necessary managers and/or COO of sensitive incidents or transactions. Regular reporting of the activity to management.
The employee will refer to Sales Handbook and avoid entering into any discussion or transaction that could lead to a long-term liability for SG. Understanding local rules and regulations of his / her market(s), he / she will comply with all internal guidelines pre- and post-trade (notably but obviously not only such as KYC, credit pre-trade check in Riskweb tool, suitability check and process, appropriate and validated marketing documents by relevant stakeholders including Compliance department, appropriate legal documentation and regulatory requirements, SG internal execution and trading standards, margin policy, CVA and RAROC guideline, timely and appropriate booking of transactions, pre- and final confirmation etc), but also all the other general business guidelines such as gift and entertainment policy, information security guidelines and restrictions versus external or internal communication (especially when dealing with any confidential or private information, Chinese walled transactions, GILT listed deals) etc, and always refers / escalate all potential issues / internal or external incidents to management, COO or Compliance.
Dealing Procedures & Coordination
As a full member of SHA team, the employee will
- Cooperate actively with support functions, understand their function and provide appropriate information
- Under the supervision of a Senior Sales person, input deals in IT systems in an exhaustive manner, pays particular attention to the correctness of term sheets and the credit processes (IFlows etc) - validate Final Terms when needed. Daily & Monthly Reporting in RTQS
- Keep operational risks and errors close to zero if possible
Key Skill Areas and Knowledge Required
- Relevant product & market knowledge/experience, including trade execution skills, and corporate finance; keep abreast of the latest business knowledge
- Good sales and communication skills
- High result orientation and working capacities
- Reliable in dealing with client relationship
- Ability to present his / her activity, achievement, issues internally to IFD / CTY management
- To be a team player
- To be a hard worker and possibly work under pressure
- To demonstrate transparency, Honesty & Integrity at all times
- Master or Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Finance, Economics, Commerce, Science, Statistics, or Engineering