Sales Development Representative
The goal of a Sales Development Rep (SDR) is to create awareness and interest in the market and generate Sales Accepted Leads (SALs) within their assigned region by proactively identifying, nurturing and qualifying new business opportunities. He/she is accountable for comprehensive account research, mapping and prospecting as well as ensuring a smooth transition once the account becomes 'qualified'. The right candidate will be one who works well under pressure, thinks out-of-the box, easily initiates relaxed but informative two-way conversation with prospects, and is highly self-motivated. The right candidate will also understand how to assess a company's needs and cater the outreach to each prospect specifically. Role Duties:
Qualifications and experience:
- Help create efficiency and insight across the sales cycle of the Agribusiness portfolio of products in order to achieve and exceed our new business goals and increase our AOV on new business
- Have a clear understanding of the unique value proposition that the Agribusiness services represent and be able to communicate and represent to prospects
- Work with Product Management, Content, and Marketing teams to identify new business and white space opportunities
- Work with other Business Units within IHS Markit to leverage existing client relationships in order to advance the agenda of Agribusiness
- Work on projects that will increase visibility into our addressable market and increase the efficiency of our selling efforts, including creation of specific materials
- Respond, engage and qualify leads and inquiries, demonstrating the value of our offering through phone calls, email, LinkedIn, events and other social mediums
- Engage current users to expand awareness, educate, ask for referrals, identify new opportunities and develop account intelligence
- Schedule appointments and demos
- Hold intelligent and engaging conversations via web calls, email, and on the phone by developing 'hooks' and engaging value-added conversation topics using disruptive truths
- Act as a subject matter expert on Agribusiness product offerings/solution development skills across the portfolio
- Work with dedicated AM's to identify ongoing strategic targets across regions and outside of Agri
- Identify key players, researching and obtaining business requirements, and presenting solutions to begin sales cycle
- Ensure successful follow through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in Salesforce
- BA/BS degree preferred, and 2-3+ years of professional work experience is sales development support
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to assist in coordinating sales functions including prospecting and leads research
- Fearlessness - willing to jump on a call with new people every single day and explain IHS Markit's Agribusiness Value Chain as it relates to everyone you speak with.
- Proven track record demonstrating strong articulation of product selling points via web calls, email, and social media platforms.
- Ability to develop rapport, influence others and maintain strong working relationships
- Must be self-motivated, persistent, and able to work independently
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.