Sales Technical Support Manager - HSBC Insurance
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Jul 18 2018-07-21
Sales Technical Support Manager - HSBC Insurance
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC Insurance provides a comprehensive range of life products and services to suit the every possible need of our personal, commercial, corporate, institutional and private banking customers. As a leader in new life insurance business and Hong Kong's largest administrator of retirement schemes, the business serves this diverse client portfolio from its management offices in Hong Kong and through a wide network of banking, consumer finance and insurance subsidiaries throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Sales Technical Support Manager.
- To ensure proper local business procedures in place to comply with the regulatory and HSBC Group requirement particular in Anti money Laundering, Counter terrorist Financing and Sanctions aspects.
- To drive the implementation of the local business and Group procedures for discharging of the legislative and compliance obligations on Anti money Laundering and Counter terrorist Financing and Sanctions Ordinances and Group Policies for new businesses solicited by sales staff, Pensions Business
- Coordinate with Operations, Financial Crime Compliance, Sales and Account Services Management staff to carry out periodic review exercise as well as event driven review to maintain up-to-date Customer Due Diligence information for mitigation of Financial Crime Risk
- Represent Pensions Services and Development to participate Global Standard or inter-departments workgroup or meetings for ad hoc or regular projects to review, enhance and strengthen internal control of Mandatory Provident Fund or Occupational Retirement Schemes Ordinance Occupational business
- Handle frontline enquiries or cases escalated related to Customer Due Diligence procedures, for example requirement on Enhanced Customer Due Diligence, potential or true match cases of customer screening and to escalate special cases as well as unusual activities reporting to Financial Crime Compliance or relevant function teams, if identified
- Design, review and enhance the sales workflow to ensure a prudent sales environment both compliant to external Mandatory Provident Fund regulations and also internal sales conduct and Group Anti money Laundering Policy Guidelines
- Report any operational risk or operational risk loss to the line manager immediately if the job holder becomes aware of emerging or inadequately controlled operational risk or identify an operational risk loss in accordance with the Group Operations Functional Instruction Manuals
- To supervise business reviews conducted by various internal or external parties and implement any rectification.
- Maintain and observe HSBC internal control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal or external auditors and external regulators. Foster a compliance culture, particular on Financial Crime Compliance and implement Group Compliance Policy by managing compliance risk in liaison with the relevant parties, ensuring adequate compliance resources are in place and training is provided,
- Prepare Management Information reports related to Anti money Laundering Procedures include managing Politically Exposed Persons and Special Category Customer register, handle Management Information related to Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy, for example consolidate Associated Persons and Gift and Entertainment records from Pension teams and perform reconciliation.
- Be the trainer to new joiners of department particular on the Anti money Laundering and Sanctions aspects and also conduct training to the existing staff for the new or updated procedures related to Anti money Laundering and Sanctions.
- Knowledge in Mandatory Provident Fund or Occupational Retirement Schemes Ordinance
- Knowledge in Guideline on Anti Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing issued by Insurance Authority
- Knowledge in Anti money Laundering procedures of Group Global Standards preferred
- Knowledge in MPFAS400 system preferred
- Good Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Detail mind set with high accuracy
- Effective problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with positive attitude
- University graduated with relevant working experience
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website