Overview: The Tech Risk APAC team, led by the Head of Technology Risk for Asia Pacific, drives key Tech Risk programs and key initiatives. We are also part of the global Security Incident Response Team (SIRT), led by the global Head of SIRT, with regional responsibility managing information/cyber security events and incidents which may adversely impact the business, or reputation of the firm, its subsidiaries, and affiliates. The goal is to ensure that the firm responds to and recovers from any of such security incidents.
The ideal candidate should have effective leadership skills in managing risk and cyber threats for the firm by engaging with teams across different Divisions and working with regional and global teams within Technology Risk to detect and respond to cyber threats. A candidate with a background in regulatory environments in Asia Pacific jurisdictions, information/cyber security, and the financial services sector is an added advantage.
- Investigate, coordinate and address information security and Cybersecurity incidents
- Act as liaison for the global team in coordinating collection and preservation of forensic evidence in support of security event investigation.
- Analyze potential infrastructure security incidents to determine if the incident qualifies as a legitimate security breach.
- Advise on leading-edge engineering to protect the firm's network from security risks related to web, mobile, web services, and client/server architectures.
- Collaborate with the global team to continually operate and improve a world-class cyber program by providing input into the uplift of sensory tools, detection tuning, and access to data sources to increase detection effectiveness.
- Drive the adoption and uplift of global security programs throughout the Asia Pacific region
- Convey complicated technical analysis to senior management via investigation synopses, graphical depictions of attacks, and comprehensive presentations.
- Act as a liaison to senior business leaders, including that outside of the Engineering Division, during security investigations and incidents
- Respond to regulatory requests regarding security incidents, as well as the relevant protective and detective security measures.
- Report the status of ongoing incidents, as well as the follow-up actions for resolved incidents, to regional and global management
- Support Compliance, regulatory, or litigation-related investigations by coordinating e-discovery, evidence collection and other such activities.
- Participate in a global rota coverage model to prevent and remediate security threats against the firm's global business network.
- Bachelor degree or higher
- Clear English communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels and the ability to develop and maintain good relationships
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability, driven to manage tasks to completion
- Ability to communicate status, risks, and technical details in a succinct, direct and open manner to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to engage in deep technical discussions with other Engineering groups, as well as ability to convey the same concepts and issues at a high level to senior management
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience working in a distributed team with expectation for rapid escalation of issues and risks
- The ability to manage multi-task effectively and interact in a matrixed organization is essential
- Experience working in Information security / Cybersecurity from a sizeable multinational organization
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team, self-motivated and deadline-driven
- Chinese language (written and spoken) is an advantage
- A graduate degree in Computer Science, System/Computer Engineering, Cyber-Security, or Information Security is preferred. Bachelors of Science/Arts in Forensic Computing, System/Computer Engineering, Data Science, Engineering, Operations Research, or Decision Science will be also considered.
- Coursework or experience in computer science, computer security, computer networking, system design, system integration, software development, emerging technologies, open-source frameworks, encryption schemes, and application testing/penetration testing/reviews preferred.
- Industry Certifications such as CISSP or GIAC Cyber Defense, Penetration Testing, or Incident Response and Forensics-related certification.
If this outstanding opportunity sounds like your next career move, please send your resume in Word format to Matthew Chung at email@example.com and put Security Incident Response Specialist, Tech Risk - Elite Global Investment Bank - HK or SG in the subject header.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/ (EA License # 65791)
We are also seeking top-calibre candidates for the following exciting roles:
1) Typescript Full Stack Developer - Fast Growing InsurTech Platform
2) Java Scala Software Engineer - Investment Banking EQDV Desk
3) Asia Incident & Service Manager - International Professional Firm