The security settlement team is responsible for ensuring the firms Fixed Income and Equity transactions successfully settle on time. Further, the team is responsible for ensuring the books and records for the firm agree with the external banks and depository's records. The team mainly covers Hong Kong and China Connect markets for both Equity and Fixed Income settlements.
Looking for a candidate with 2-4 years Financial industry Operations working experience. It will be better if the candidate has some operation working experience in other banks, it will be a plus settlement knowledge, or securities products knowledge, HK market practice and rules.
The key responsibilities includes -
• Partner with vendor and relevant internal teams to handle the equity and fixed income settlements in HK and China Connect market
• Communicate with different counterparty (broker and custodian) in the market to confirm buy-in risk and work on settlements
• Follow up on physical certificate deposit or withdrawal request from client or business unit
• Follow up on IPO deals, stock lending deals, ADR conversion, etc
• Investigate and resolve settlement exceptions; internal and external breaks
• Assist in market initiatives and new products/projects testing
• Deliver quality service and solutions to their evolving business requirements
• Escalate/report and mitigate risks associated with the settlement process
• Identify areas for process improvement to improve the control and efficiency of the process
• Work and contribute as a team
• Self motivated with positive working attitude.
• Lead by example working with drive and determination
• Specialist in functional knowledge and able to deal with multiple tasks under pressure
• Specialist in market knowledge and able to understand impact of any market changes and communicate to stakeholders.
• Good communication skills, able interact and communicate effectively both internally and externally
• Ability to identify problems as they arise and understand when they need to be escalated.
• Ability to set out / apply up to date knowledge and best practices to develop solutions that add value to the firm and our clients
• Adaptable and flexible to changes and new challenges
• Keen to learn new skill sets and does so quickly
• Vendor Management skill
We are Hays, the leading global experts in qualified, professional and skilled recruitment. The 11,000 people we employ around the world partner with clients and candidates to power the world of work.
Every day our expert consultants help thousands of candidates find their next role, and they also help clients reshape workforces and deal with talent shortages. Last year we placed 77,000 people in permanent jobs and 244,000 people into temporary roles.