Senior Administrative Assistant
Job Description Role & Responsibilities •General Administrative Support
Provide general administrative assistance to members of the teams, with work to include (among other things) phone coverage, copying, faxing, filing, spreadsheet work and presentation preparation. Acquire and maintain a good understanding of Moody's business, and the particular business lines being supported, in order to provide optimal customer service. Create management level PowerPoint presentations and preparation of related data/documentation for review. •Department Wide Support
Provide general administrative support for department wide activities including the timely on-boarding of new associates (including follow-up on start date) and involvement in group event planning and in group-wide initiatives as assigned. •Administrative Back-Up
During vacations and times of absence, provide back-up in order to ensure uninterrupted flow of operations with regard to support staff and all office issues. •Calendar Management and Meeting Coordination
Manage the calendars of senior managers within the teams as requested. Process meeting requests for the teams, including setting up appointments, reserving conference rooms, requesting security passes for guests, arranging for teleconference numbers, refreshments, handouts, etc. •Travel & Entertainment
Arrange all travel for team members including air, rail, car service, and hotel and conference registrations in accordance with the company's policies.. Timely and accurate preparation and submission of T&E reports for each analyst supported, ensuring that company policies are followed. •Accounts Payable
Timely and accurate preparation and submission of Accounts Payable vouchers, ensuring that proper accounts are used, and amounts are correct and that proper and organized documentation is provided to support the voucher. •Correspondence
Prompt and accurate preparation of various correspondence. •Liaison
As needed, assist in coordinating efforts with Technology, Building Services and others to ensure group's needs are met. •Supplies
Ensure that basic supplies for team are kept stocked and accessible to team members. •Other
May be called upon to take on additional responsibilities and/or perform other tasks as assigned.
- 4+ years related experience working in a corporate environment
- Strong demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- OUTLOOK: In CALENDAR, ability to create and modify appointments and recurring appointments using the planner; familiarity with features such as labels and private appointments; in E-MAIL, the ability to compose, send and forward emails as well as perform e-mail blasts and familiarity with features such as in-box management (folders), sort and search.
- WORD: ability to create and modify communications using features such as header/footers, pagination, tables, mail merges, hyperlinks, etc.
- EXCEL: ability to understand, create and use advanced functions and formulas to create workbooks, pivot tables, charts and graphs.
- POWERPOINT: ability to create and modify presentations using advanced functions such as animation and transition, inserting charts, graphs and objects and merging presentations.
- Maturity - ability to handle highly confidential matters with discretion
- Very strong organization skills, with the ability to follow-up, anticipate issues, manage time, multi-task and shift priorities as necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and phone manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - ability to convey thoughts clearly and succinctly and to communicate pertinent complex information in a clear and organized manner; ability to compose general correspondence, memos and other documents that require little or no editing by manager.
- Strong orientation toward teamwork
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.