Morningstar Manager Research have a requirement for a Senior Analyst, Manager Research to play a key role in researching fund managers and writing research reports. Our goal is to empower investors success by providing independent and objective recommendations.
The Group: Morningstar’s Research group provides independent analysis on individual securities, funds, markets, and portfolios. The Research group also provides data on hundreds of thousands of investment offerings, including stocks, mutual funds, and similar vehicles, along with real-time global market data on millions of equities, indexes, futures, options, commodities, and precious metals, in addition to foreign exchange and Treasury markets. Morningstar is one of the largest independent sources of fund, equity, and credit data and research in the world, and our advocacy for investors’ interests is the foundation of our company.
- To research and critically assess fund managers and their products available for sale in Asia.
- To write succinct and reader friendly research reports
- To play a key role in preparing for and running fund manager interviews
- Write longer research pieces to demonstrate thought leadership
- Support the global thought leadership agenda such as GIE requirements
- Engage with the media to build and support the Morningstar brand
- Coordinate with data operations to ensure required data and methodologies are in place to support products
- Help shape Morningstar methodologies
- To manage ad-hoc analytical assignments on investments, managed funds and products
- To undertake other administrative, research and/or analytical work as required
- Independent, experienced manager researcher (at least five years of analytical experience) who has demonstrable research experience and is familiar with the global investment landscape
- Able to work within an interdisciplinary team that includes investment experts, qualitative researchers, data analysts, and software developers
- Superior verbal and written English communication skills, Chinese language skills will be viewed favorably
- Excellent time management skills
- Skilled with PC and mainstream software packages. Experience with Morningstar Direct an advantage
- Ability to use own initiative and work unsupervised together with the ability to priorities effectively and work in a methodical manner to meet deadlines
- Proactive aptitude to building effective internal and external relationships with key stakeholders and acting as a representative of Morningstar
- Strong attention to detail
- A keen knowledge of financial markets that has been developed both personally and professionally
- Bachelor`s or master`s degree; advanced degrees and certifications are desirable
- CFA designation or enrollment is an asset