Senior Analyst Programmer (data team), Information Technology (1-year direct contract)
FWD spans Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia, and has a representative office in Shanghai, China. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
Established in Asia in 2013, FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 530,560+ customers with over 830+ staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. The Job
- Assist in system design and prepare program specifications
- Perform system and program development and enhancements
- Carry out feasibility study and impact analysis for new requirements
- Prepare testing environment to support SIT / UAT when required
- Prepare internal SDLC documentations
- Coordinate with IT and user team on system deployment arrangement
- Other Ad-hoc duties when required
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent, minimum 5 years' related working experience
- Solid experience in shell script and SQL languages
- Hands on Experience in data warehouse and ETL development is desired
- Basic knowledge of Talend Big Data Platform, Python, Spark, Hadoop, Tableau and/or SAS is a plus
- Basic knowledge of Waterfall/Agile project management approaches
- Demonstration of good communication and presentation skills, able to work with user departments and vendors
- Possess analytical mindset and problem solving skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Must be a team player; self-initiative and pro-active
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.