Senior Analyst, Proxy Services
What's in it for you:
As a Senior Associate in the Corporate Advisory Group, you will be providing specialized consulting services to clients across Asia on Corporate Governance topics to support companies on their Shareholder Meetings, Corporate Actions and M&A transactions.
You will also focus on the part of a global team of experts that advises global companies regularly on transactions as well as special situations in the corporate governance field to assess the potential reaction of their institutional shareholder base.
You will understand the impact of corporate governance and ESG factors on investment management and voting and become a governance specialist in your market. What you'll work on:
The position of a Senior Analyst is a multifaceted one that requires verbal communications skills, writing skills, research skills, analytical abilities, and financial acumen. IHS Markit provides hands-on training in an atmosphere that fosters teamwork and emphasizes client service. The chosen candidate will be experienced in Project Management and ideally possess a comprehensive understanding of the Financial Markets, Securities Trading and especially the Annual and Extraordinary Meeting Solicitation Process as well as managing accounts with various proposal types.
You know what Proxy Advisers are and how the trading and voting process through the securities clearing chain works. You will become an expert in understanding the governance sensitivities of investors and support our team on Shareholder communications campaigns relating to Merger & Acquisitions as well as contested Shareholder Meetings.
You will work in the team of the regional director who you report to and support with research and reports, while you also work closely with other team members in our global offices to lead projects and ensure all intelligence and data is being collected and prepared for the client advisory part, which you also play a part in What we look for
Job Description and responsibilities:
- Have a thorough understanding of the institutional Buy side community, Advisory Service Firms and Proxy Voting Rules and Regulations
- The candidate must have and a willingness to reach out to various parties in the corporate and investment communities
- Proficiency in time management and prioritization skills for tasks depending on requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills applicable to external contacts as well as internal colleagues
- Strong phone skills are essential
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with deadlines and multi-tasking abilities
- Cold-calling experience extremely advantageous
- Self-motivating and innovative thinking to enable the team to succeed
- Project manage clients' corporate governance research and shareholder communication campaigns in relation to AGM's, EGM's, M&A and other corporate action type events.
- Manage, alongside the senior members, the day-to-day operations of the corporate governance and shareholder communication services to clients.
- Write bespoke research reports for clients which will require research and analysis of shareholder meeting agenda items.
- Undertake engagement to institutional shareholders to discuss AGM/EGMs to solicit intentions on meeting agenda or transactional sentiment.
- Contact clients' institutions (including banks, brokers, custodians, plus clearing houses, research bodies) and retail shareholders during campaigns.
- Provide regular progress update to clients on their campaigns.
- Develop an understanding of proxy voting mechanics and corporate governance standards across multiple regions.
- Train and manage the development of junior members of the team.
- Maintain several databases containing contact information and proprietary data.
- Coordinate with senior members to facilitate engagement between clients and their shareholders.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Sales team and aid on proposal writing, conference calls to prospective clients and consultative research.
- Research and share amongst team members the latest corporate governance trends and intelligence on the client base.
- Survey institutional shareholders to collect research data to write an annual report which discusses trends in ESG and proxy voting.
- Experience of working in a consulting environment ideally in Investor or Public Relations
- Up-to-date knowledge of significant corporate governance issues and regulations
- Excellent attention to detail and organised
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written in English and Mandarin
- Responsive to the needs of our global research team, responding to requests within a reasonable time frame.
- University degree required. Advanced degree and/or CFA designation preferred
- Prefer familiarity with FactSet, Bloomberg, Reuters, etc.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.