Looking for a qualified accountant with audit and insurance experience to support our Finance & Accounting team with focus on Financial Reporting and month-end closing activities.
- Maintain accounting records, perform monthly closing and consolidation on IFRS basis for both GI and L&H reinsurance businesses in an accurate, complete and timely manner, including transaction booking and foreign currency revaluation
- Involved in data analysis, ensure good data quality by performing various reconciliations
- Identify and understand the key drivers of the financial results; closely monitor and rigorously challenge the reasonableness of the figures; and provide support in producing regular forecasts during the course of the year to ensure targets are met and managed effectively via interactive coordination with all functions
- Support planning/projection processes by providing financial estimates/ scenarios based on business planned , taking into account the requirements of the Insurance Authority and various regulators
- Prepare high quality financial analysis to facilitate business steering and decision making
- Understand accounting standard changes, eg IFRS 17 and IFRS9, support the implementation of the new accounting standard.
- Work closely with Actuaries, Underwriting and Technical Accounting Functions etc to drive the agreed working procedures / processes and take the initiative to identify areas of improvement to ensure workflow efficiency
- Support automation by involved in UAT and provide feedback report
- Monitor the aging of accounts receivables and payables including intra-group accounts balances and closely follow up with Technical Accounting team by proper reconciliation and facilitation of settlement.
- Collaborate with other team members on reporting matters, particularly during the annual financial closing
- Possess strong accounting knowledge and be able to work with the auditors to ensure the financials are true and fair
- Maintain effective internal controls over financial operations and address any control issues on a timely basis
- Prepare ad-hoc reports/presentations/analysis for management and other stakeholders
- Degree holder in accountancy or related disciplines
- Qualification from a professional accountancy body, e.g. ACCA, HKICPA
- Minimum 5 years of experience in auditing, financial accounting and reporting
- Solid experience in insurance and reinsurance for both GI and L&H businesses
- Strong knowledge in accounting standards; a plus for experience with regulations of the Insurance Authority
- Good knowledge in internal controls relevant to finance operations and reporting
- Proficiency in computer skills (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Hyperion, SAP)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate in a clear manner in an multinational environment