Senior Associate, Private Equity
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Senior Associate, Private Equity role is an integral support function to Directors/Managing Directors as they assess prospective private equity investments and manage existing investments and partnerships across the Asia-Pacific region.
- The Private Equity Group is responsible for investing in private equity and related alternative asset classes on behalf of Manulife's Asian business units.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Assist in maintaining a standard approach to the analysis and due diligence of prospective investment opportunities
- Identify and evaluate fund investments for possible investment across various asset classes and strategies
- Responsible for financial modeling to support the analysis and recommendation of prospective co-investments and direct investments, conduct scenario analysis to support deal assessment and term sheet negotiation
- Assist in managing and monitoring existing investments and relationships
- Responsible for completing internal reviews and valuations on existing investments
- Lead private equity-related analytical projects, including country and industry reports
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
- At least six years of related work experience, ideally in private equity, investment banking, or transaction/valuation advisory services
- Prior experience investing in private equity funds and/or co-investments desirable
- Bachelor of Commerce degree or MBA
- CFA or CA designation an asset
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, ability to perform in-depth and critical analysis
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of December 31, 2018, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$794 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.0 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.