- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- 22 Feb 18
Senior Associate, Structured Trade Solutions, Hong Kong
Senior Associate, Structured Trade Solutions, Hong KongJob no: 998755
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Hong Kong
Categories: Institutional Banking
Senior Associate, Structured Trade Solutions Hong Kong
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group's relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services. For more detail on IB&M please visit this Site
Cash-flow and Transaction Services is comprised of six areas, Commerce & Platforms, Transaction Banking Solutions, Cash Management & Payment Solutions, Global Trade & Supply Chain Finance, Chief Operating Office and Strategic Projects. These businesses develop and support products for working capital needs, drive transaction banking sales and drive growth in our trade finance and international payments business.
Within GTF, Trade Solutions (TS) is the middle office of the global Trade Finance business. It sits between front office (Sales) and back office (Operations). TS assists originating new business and servicing existing clients, validations, bookings, confirmations of traditional and structured trade finance products and solutions.
Your impact & contribution:
The Senior Associate, Trade Solutions works in a team servicing existing and new to bank clients for all their trade finance needs.
Your responsibilities: Reporting to the Associate Director Trade Finance, this role will offer you the opportunity to work alongside the best in the industry in performing Structured Trade transaction management. Working within a high performing team you will also have an opportunity to operate autonomously; you will
- Deal across and interact with a portfolio consisting customers across various industries performing pre-operational checks on structured trade transactions and periodic testing and reporting
- Process and manage Commodity Structured Inventory transactions within credit approvals, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Manage and monitor Supply Chain Finance deals within credit approvals, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Support the banks Trade Finance front office through specialised transaction administration for Commodity Structured Products and Trade Finance.
- Assist with updates of operating procedures for all existing and new client facilities within compliance and internal audit requirements.
- Assist in the implementation of Structured Trade Product facilities.
- Report all risk or breaches in facilities to product, Sales and relationship executives and risk.
- Be responsible for control monitoring related to overall risk protection pertaining to KYC and AML related client and process risks, taking an end-to-end process view.
Your experience and qualifications:
Our ideal candidate will have sound experience in banking operations/middle office including Structured Trade Finance Middle Office.
- You will have knowledge of Traditional and Structured Trade Finance products, risks, mitigating actions, and customers
- A Degree or diploma in Finance is desired but not essential.
- Broad Experience on AML and KYC risk themes
- Proven ability to work autonomously and also collaborate with teams and stakeholders internally and externally.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of Excel
- Excellent communication and analytical skills with an ability to identify problems and develop solutions
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Acute attention to detail and understanding of upstream and downstream processes
- Ability to share information, transfer knowledge and expertise to team members
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
Please apply online to be considered for this role. Have a question about your application, our process or what happens next? Click here for some of the most commonly asked questions about applying for a role at CommBank.
We value you and won't leave you hanging. Our advertising closes 25 February 2018 but expect to hear from us within a week of the closing date. Best of luck!
Advertised: 11 Feb 2018 China Standard Time
Applications close: 25 Feb 2018 China Standard Time
It's our people's talent, initiative, ideas and energy that help us achieve great things, together.