Our Client is a large multinational Insurance Organisation who are undergoing a significant IFRS17 transformation programme that would impact the statutory financial reporting. As part of its IFRS17 program, they are currently seeking a seasoned Business Analyst who will work closely with the business partners to gather business requirements specific to data integration and reporting needs for IFR17, including translating business requirements into specific functional and non-functional specifications, draft mock-ups of reports, coordinating with internal and external application and infrastructure delivery teams to review requirements.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Input to the design of the data flows, data storage and reporting system required for the project workstreams.
- Translate the business requirements into functional requirements. Ensure trace ability and understanding of the requirements by all project/support members to enable systems enhancements /projects to be constructed.
- Coordinate and facilitate business requirements gathering sessions, gap analysis, risk assessment and business requirements validation.
- Support Project Management activities through initiation, estimating, work planning, analysis, design, constructions, deployment, and post-project review.
- Review and analyse functional and technical design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Communicate with stakeholders frequently regarding project milestones and deliverables.
Required Skills for the Role:
- Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or Finance
- At least 8 years of Experience working as a business analyst within the insurance industry, ideally across Financial, Actuarial or regulatory driven programmes.
- Comfortable with handling data analysis via database queries - Oracle SQL, PL/SQL database to support business, testing, troubleshooting etc.
- Experience in IFRS programs/projects or General Accounting knowledge, understanding of Financial Reporting concepts an asset.
- Exceptional Stakeholder Management, with a history of successfully handling challenging conversations and leading collaborations between diverse stakeholders.
- Proficient written and spoken communication skills in English with ability to present ideas in a professional manner
If interested, please send your most updated cv in word format to email@example.com with “IFRS17 Business Analyst” in the subject line.