Senior Business Finance Manager, Asset Management Asia Pacific - Global Finance
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 08 Nov 17 2017-11-08
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC’s purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Business Finance Manager, Asset Management Asia Pacific.
In this role, you will
- Support Asia Product Committee to develop central pricing and profitability model where useful, provide analysis, including pricing analysis by core products, work closely with Institutional Sales, Wholesale Sales, Investment teams and Product teams to identify areas that may impact on product profitability as a result of changes to certain assumptions on new investment capabilities and strategies, new funds, new clients or change of fee structures of current funds and clients.
- Provide business feasibility of investment capabilities and product changes and identify area of risks and financial impacts, and guidance to each country in Asia on the impact of accounting policies on new products and changes to products or as a result of changes to accounting policies.
- Regular review of product with regards to client suitability, sales, competitive position, profitability, pricing, operations, regulatory, accounting treatment, and identify area of risks, potential issues, challenge business on any sales gaps as planned and provide the solutions and recommendations to mitigate the risks and take necessary actions with business to close the gaps.
- Transfer pricing analysis and support businesses to ensure any fee sharing arrangements between HSBC Group entities, be fair, transparent and commercially reflect the services undertaken with a formal agreements and fees reflect at arm's length market practice, Support Businesses to ensure proper documentation in place to substantiate the activities for any outsourcing services with HSBC Group entities. Rebate policy, proper documentation to support fee payments and others.
- Active identify and lead the value added analysis and ad hoc analysis, including sensitivity and external bench marking analysis, product behaviour studies and capability reviews for both Hong Kong and the region to facilitate senior management discussion
- Building trusted relationships with our stakeholders to work cohesively and transparently and find sustainable opportunities to optimise growth for our stakeholders. Active partnering with Retail Banking and Wealth Management finance and Global Asset Management to crystalise Asia Pacific Asset Management financial results and drive analysis to maximize firm wide value generation
- Be the point of contact for Hong Kong, China Jintrust and Greater China related matters, with channel focus on Wholesale, Private Bank and Commercial Banking, lead and partner with business on update on key drivers and implement plans to support business growth and drive inter group revenue and synergy.
- Work closely with the various country and regional stakeholders to understand, interpret and provide direction and support driving towards global consistency and common frameworks.
- Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which one is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
- Delivery of a structured finance control process which delivers compliance with applicable sections of the business policy and embeds financial information and discipline in the management routines of the business.
- Help to identify opportunities for operational efficiencies where appropriate, optimize use of onshore and offshore team
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- A business degree holder with solid experience in business financial analysis, planning and budgeting gained from the financial industry.
- Have strong forward looking mindset that linked to external market conditions.
- Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills with proven track record in business partnering with strong business sense and good knowledge of investment products.
- Excellent PC and spreadsheet skills and preferably good knowledge of TM1.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- A team player with ability to challenge and to resolve problems/issues independently.
- Able to work under pressure.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009EK5
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited