Senior Business Strategy Manager - HSBC Insurance
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 12 Apr 18 2018-04-12
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfiling your potential right here at HSBC.
HSBC Insurance provides a comprehensive range of life products and services to suit the every possible need of our personal, commercial, corporate, institutional and private banking customers. As a leader in new life insurance business and Hong Kong’s largest administrator of retirement schemes, the business serves this diverse client portfolio from its management offices in Hong Kong and through a wide network of banking, consumer finance and insurance subsidiaries throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Business Strategy Manager.
In this role, you will
- Support the Head of Business Strategy in the preparation, alignment and execution of strategic business initiatives in line with the overarching Group, Retail Banking and Wealth Management and Insurance business strategy
- Analyse future strategic initiative feasibility, including business case preparation
- Support the planning and monitoring process of Annual Operating Plans, Chief Executive Officer scorecard and tracking of Key Performance Indicators for the Hong Kong Insurance business, aligning with Group Insurance and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. Continually identify opportunities to improve business and operating performance
- Ensure infrastructure and resources planning to support the execution of strategic business initiatives and act as a key driver in aligning all business functions including distribution, channels, products and support functions to meet objectives
- Develop and effectively monitor the transformation roadmap to confirm and align the medium term target state for the business and any corrective action plan to achieve this. This will encompass product, distribution, regulatory compliance, such as IFRS 17, Risk Based Capital regimes, efficiency and system initiatives on a holistic basis
- Support Chief Executive Officer and Head of Business Strategy in the delivery of the Hong Kong Insurance people strategies
- Prepare presentations as required for Insurance and Retail Banking and Wealth Management Committees or Forums in relation to above strategic agenda
- Constantly identify barriers to success and recommend management responses to remove or mitigate them
- Work closely with other key stakeholders within HSBC Insurance and Retail Banking and Wealth Management to develop future strategy for Hong Kong Insurance
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Educated to graduate degree level and ideally with additional applicable qualifications in a relevant field, such as Finance
- Good understanding of Insurance technical matters, including accounting, actuarial and product concepts
- Knowledge of the external environment such as market, regulatory, political, competitors
- Proven ability to analyse situations, make quick decisions and solve problems
- Ability to present complex strategies confidently and concisely to leadership terms and key external stakeholders
- Ability to use initiative to resolve issues, whilst dealing with a diverse range of stakeholders and team members, distributed across business, functions and locations
- Experience of working in a global financial services organisation, preferably Insurance, with solid years of experience
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills, with excellent relationship building and senior stakeholder management skills
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm, with the ability to influence and engage in a positive and inspiring manner. Drive and motivation to ensure proactive delivery in a challenging matrix environment
- Committed to personal and professional development
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000ANAO
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited