Senior C++ Software Engineer - Software Development Hong Kong
As a software engineer, you will join a cross-functional team in charge of delivering market gateways and market data handlers to major financial exchanges in Asia Pacific. The team is also contributing to strategic business projects by delivering new offers (internal matching, new client flow)
You will sit on the trading floor and work closely with the front office users. Main Responsibilities
- Develop, test and automate systems for market connectivity, market data handlers and internal matching
- Design resilient / distributed solutions to meet high-availability business requirements
- Focus on quality and reusability of the code produced.
- As part of our Continuous Delivery mindset, contribute to the development of automated tests, and tools for automated build and deployment. You will engage in recurrent code reviews and peer trainings.
Curious, autonomous and passionate, you understand the problems presented and use empirical thinking to identify root causes. You make use of your knowledge and experience to deliver ingenious, simple and efficient solutions. Minimum qualifications
- Solid experience with C++11/14, with supporting work experience, personal or open source projects contributions
- Quality oriented with emphasis on software design and architecture
- Previous experience in Finance is not mandatory
Nice to have
- Experience with C++17 and template metaprogramming. Curiosity in C++20
- Experience in multi-threading and concurrency problematics
- Experience with development on Linux platform
- Knowledge of network protocols and socket programming
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Python
- AMF/MIF II certification is not required
Spoken Languages Business Insight
- Previous experience in market connectivity
Global Banking & Investor Solutions is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia, GBIS provides services in corporate and investment banking, asset management, private banking and securities around the world. GBIS offers to its clients integrated and tailored solutions to respond to their specific needs.
By joining the Market Access team, you will work in a multi-cultural environment, fostering work/life balance. You will join a fast-growing team, encouraging exploration of new technologies and ideas, with a flat management structure.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000D0K
Business unit: SG Securities (HK) Limited
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 06/07/2020