Our Client, one of Hong Kong’s largest Blue-Chip Organisation’s, is currently looking for a Senior Solutions Architect, who will oversee the design, planning, build and implementation of a new private cloud infrastructure and platform across the Enterprise. This is in line with multiple ongoing initiatives as part of a large technology refresh and transformation across the Business.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Manage the design and build of a new private Cloud infrastructure environment.
- Mentor and lead a team of Engineers to implement the new Cloud infrastructure whilst simultaneously looking to develop the skills and experience of the cloud team members.
- Continually research industry trends and make recommendations related to the use and security of cloud services and technologies.
- Take the enterprise through the cloud journey including the sharing of vision, strategy, policies, best practices and capabilities.
- Work alongside key IT & Business leadership stakeholders to integrate Cloud solutions.
- Manage and forecast cloud infrastructure capacity and budget.
- Establishes SLAs with technology partners and vendors.
- Document and present technical reports/issues to various stakeholders including Senior Management.
- Continually manage priorities and deploy software through tooling (git, Jenkins, Ansible scripts, Docker) and CI/CD pipeline.
Required Skills for the Role:
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline.
- 10+ years of working experience within IT infrastructure management in both a technical and managerial capacity.
- 5+ years of experience in managing a large environment using private or public cloud infrastructure, ideally supporting mission critical applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate effectively and deal with different internal users and external service providers & suppliers
- Good understanding of project and service management, governance, policy and compliance.
- Professional knowledge in public cloud like Amazon Web Services, Azure or Google Cloud and private cloud like Azure Stack or VMware Cloud Foundation.
- Strong understanding of cloud native applications, micro-services, containers, Kubernetes and related cloud infrastructure and architecture.
- Experience using Jira, Confluence, and other software development and documentation tools used in DevOps.
- Certifications in Amazon Web Services (Solutions Architect) or Microsoft Azure (Solutions Architect).
- Certifications in Project Management certification (PMP, Prince2) and IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) would be an advantage.
If interested, please send your most updated cv in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Cloud Solutions Architect” in the subject line.