Senior Commodity Credit Risk Analyst
- Hong Kong
- Full time
- Permanent, Full time
- VTB Capital
- 20 May 18
The role’s primary responsibility is to provide credit risk approval for trade settlement, derivative and lending transactions with corporates, particularly in the natural resources sector. In addition, the role will encompass post execution credit monitoring. Given the relative size of the credit risk team, it is envisaged that the successful candidate would also provide ad hoc support and coverage to other credit risk areas as the need arises. The credit risk team is currently located in Moscow, London and Zug and the successful candidate will be self-motivated, capable of working to tight transaction deadlines unsupervised.
- Primary role is as a senior member of the Global Credit Risk function reporting to the deputy Global Head of Credit.
- Supplementary role as head of risk for VTBC Hong Kong – providing local coverage for market & operational risk in addition to credit risk – reporting to the Global Chief Risk Officer.
- To provide forensic and critical analysis based on financial statements, model forecasts, third party valuations and due diligence meetings with our counterparties.
- Identify and quantify risk drivers including the creation of stress tests in transaction structures.
- Prepare credit memoranda advising risk mitigation options and making risk appetite recommendations.
- Follow up on transaction execution. Ensure loans/trades are properly booked / recorded / monitored, credit terms are incorporated in termsheets / confirmations and underlying documentation properly developed
- Maintain a portfolio of counterparties and monitor limits and exposures of the various credit systems, ensuring that any limit violations are resolved
- Risk portfolio under management will require close oversight, ensuring daily exposure to all types of loan-type products, liaison with sales and traders functions; as well as extensive interaction with all support functions of the Bank including Operations, Legal, Compliance and Loan Portfolio Management
- Support the rest of the credit risk team with other transaction requests and periodic reviews.
Key Competencies & Qualifications
- ACA/ CFA or equivalent
- 5+ years PQE
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant equivalent working experience in Corporate Finance or Risk Management roles.
- Natural Resources sector knowledge covering the full spectrum of Investment Grade and Non-Investment Grade counterparties
- Experience in leading complex client credit due diligence following key risk events or for on-boarding of new non-Investment Grade clients
- Strong knowledge of loan and trading documentation (ISDA/CSAs) with an ability to recommend enhancements to deal structure on complex cases
- Ability to identify transaction-associated risks as well as demonstrate an appreciation of legal, compliance and reputational aspects of all transactions
- The candidate will need to operate in a fast moving dynamic organization, whilst maintaining balance between the business expansion requirements and prudent risk management
- Demonstrable business and sector awareness and a keen appreciation of market and industry developments
- Independent decision maker with ability to support and defend conclusions
- Strong credit risk skills and knowledge of financial products would be desirable
- Perfect fluency in oral and written Mandarin & English. Russian, whilst beneficial, is not essential.
Typical Decisions taken by Job Holder
- Independent assessment of an Obligor’s credit worthiness and credit limit recommendation
- Independent assessment of credit risks embedded in individual transaction, structures and portfolios
- Proposal and enforcement of risk mitigating solutions
- Early warning signs monitoring, building broad relationships with counterparties, and being pro-active in risk management in general
- Close oversight of the regional loan portfolio and if necessary calculation and recommendation of provisions