We’re a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we’ve been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn’t change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We’re principally concerned with the regulatory requirements and expectations of the overseeing of policies & practices to address regulatory requirements set by the Securities and Futures Commission (SFC), and UK regulations where Schroders Hong Kong is lead regulated. We are part of the Hong Kong based compliance function and report into the Head of Compliance, who primarily supports Schroders’ business in Hong Kong and Mainland China. We work collaboratively with our colleagues in other business areas, including Fund Managers, Analysts, Distribution, Marketing, Operations, Legal, Finance, HR and Risk to address regulatory issues and effective management which is now so significant to the success and prosperity of a major financial services business.
Who we’re looking for
We manage Schroders’ relationship with its financial regulators and play an advisory role to colleagues on complex regulatory requirements. In addition, we’re responsible for compliance monitoring and proactively mitigate any regulatory and reputational risks.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance Hong Kong, the Senior Compliance Manager will be responsible for:
- analysing the impact on Schroders of any new regulations and develop policies and procedures
- providing advice to Hong Kong business units on the implication of new regulations and track the business units’ implementation of processes to meet the regulations
- monitoring licensing matters and manage notifications, reports and responses to regulators’ enquiries
- leading the team to perform risk-based compliance monitoring tests and perform thematic reviews
- acting as point of contact with HK regulators (SFC, MPFA and etc.)
- reviewing new products, and review and advise marketing materials.
- handling substantial shareholding disclosure
- provide advice in relation to regulatory investment restrictions and advise next steps from a regulatory perspective whenever there is any identified breach of investment restrictions
- advising on potential conflicts of interest situation and provide reports to senior management
- advising business units to mitigate the firm’s financial crime risk (such as AML and anti-bribery) and perform monitoring on financial crime related issues
- assisting Compliance Head to manage offshore China business initiatives and local compliance related projects
- preparing training materials and provide compliance training to internal business functions.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- At least 8 years’ work experience with asset managers in the areas of Compliance, Operational Risk or Audit, or with the regulators
- Strong knowledge of the SFC Code of Conduct, Fund Manager Code of Conduct and Code on Unit Trusts and Mutual Funds
- Hands on solid experience in handling matters related to SFC authorized funds
- Have experience in handling matters ranging from distribution/marketing compliance, regulatory advisory and investment compliance
What you’ll be like
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- A critical thinker who’s able to look at things from different angles
- Great at solving a problem, from start to end, own and deliver the solution
- Able to work under pressure, on several priorities simultaneously, and with tight deadlines
- Enjoy working with other people especially with key business stakeholders, sharing and communicating decisions
- Keen to improve what we do for our clients and how we do it
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Proficient in both verbal and written Chinese as you may be required to prepare and review materials for China business.