BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
To play a key role in managing regulatory and compliance risks for BNP Paribas by providing regulatory compliance coverage for the Hong Kong Territory. Responsibilities Regulatory relationship management
Issue/incident analysis and reporting
- To act as a liaison person to interact with Hong Kong regulators, mainly the HKMA and the SFC, and relevant industry associations.
- To coordinate and monitor regulatory inspections, investigations, thematic reviews, inquiries, self-assessments, surveys, questionnaires and consultations to ensure timely and quality submissions.
- To organise and facilitate meetings with regulators.
- To keep abreast of new regulations and disseminate regulatory circulars, press releases and other regulatory developments to management, other Compliance teams and relevant stakeholders.
- To conduct assessment and participate in technical analysis as and when issues or incidents arise.
- To coordinate and prepare regulatory reporting and submissions.
- To monitor progress of remediation and subsequent reporting requirements.
- To support the provision of regulatory and compliance advice to management on bank-wide or territory-wide matters.
- To provide advice on infrastructural matters (ie, non-product, non-client and non-transaction matters).
- To develop and update Compliance policies and procedures.
- To drive projects on designing and establishing compliance framework, controls and processes.
- To escalate issues as and when identified.
- To work closely with other Compliance Teams to align consistency of operating models and of decisions.
- To develop and run programmes and trainings to promote compliance awareness and good conduct and culture.
Assisting the Compliance Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- To support the Head of Compliance in organizing Compliance committee meetings.
- To support the Head of Compliance in designing, coordinating and preparing Compliance management information, reports and metrics to management, relevant committees and stakeholders.
- To assist in the planning and implementation of business continuity management programmes for Hong Kong Compliance
- To provide support on procedure management for Hong Kong Compliance including maintaining the Compliance policy and procedure register and managing the required notification processes
- To assist in the general management and administration of the Hong Kong Compliance office
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required Technical skills
- Head of Compliance for the territory
- COO of the territory and functions under the COO Office
- Territory Head
- Heads and members of other Advisory Compliance Teams and Regional Compliance Teams
- Heads, Correspondents and members of Compliance Domains
- Heads and COOs of other Control Functions
- Entity coordinators within the territory
- General knowledge of the businesses, products, services and clients of a bank
- Proficiency in rules and regulations applicable to the banking and securities industry in Hong Kong
- Strong analytical skills in evaluating and assessing regulatory developments and compliance issues
- Ability to challenge inputs and contributions from businesses, other functions and other Compliance teams
- Ability to identify improvement areas and recommend enhancements to Compliance processes
- Adequate attention to details to ensure quality of regulatory submissions and management reports
Experience and Qualifications required
- Good integrity and strong work ethic
- Excellent communication skills to interact with regulatory officers and internal stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good analytical skills and judgement
- Good time and project management skills
- Ability to learn quickly and to drive changes and/or adapt to them
- Accuracy and adequate attention to details
- Teamwork and ability to assist in developing less experienced colleagues
- University graduate with a major in Business, Accounting, Finance or Law
- At least 7 years of experience in the banking and financial industry and/or regulatory sector