In KPMG’s Audit practice, we place Information Risk Management (IRM) at the heart of our Audit process and recognize the vital role that Information Technology plays for both our clients and the effectiveness of Audit as a function. Our team in Hong Kong represents a dynamic and enthusiastic team that always pushes itself to succeed.
IRM professionals assist engagement teams in determining the effect of information technology (IT) related risks on the audit, understanding these risks in relation to the IT control environments over the relevant financial reporting related applications and platforms, and determining an audit approach to respond to the risk of material misstatement as a result of the IT risks relevant to the financial statement audit. Our professionals do this by leveraging our strong industry, IT control and technology focus and experience; deploying leading methodologies and tools; applying our objectivity; using a balanced approach to growth and risk; utilizing our comprehensive global breadth and local knowledge; and calling upon our deep understanding of relevant business, financial, and regulatory inter-dependencies.
The role entails being responsible for completing all aspects of the engagement lifecycle, including engagement execution and delivery, writing reports, and communicating with engagement managers.
- Plan and execute the day-to-day activities of IT audit and assurance engagements, with a focus on audit quality and audit innovation
- Support the Engagement manager with scoping, financial management, delivery of risk management activities and identification and communication of IT audit findings
- Complete task and deliverables to a high-quality standard as part of the audit engagements
- Keep senior IRM members informed of significant developments and progress on the engagement
- Help identify performance improvement opportunities for assigned clients
- Conduct fieldwork in ensuring we deliver value-added assurance services to clients
- Develop and maintain networks and excellent relationships within KPMG internally and with external clients
- Contribute to a collaborative culture encouraging constructive working relationships with the audit team and others
- Proven experience in delivering IT audit and assurance services (including external / internal audits) to clients (3 - 5 years' experience in the following areas: internal or external IT audit, risk assessment or business process reengineering)
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college / university
- Knowledge of systems environments within industry sectors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong reporting and presentation skills
- Experience in business analysis and understanding of core business processes within industry sectors would be a plus
- Recognised relevant qualification (e.g. CISA or HKICPA) would be an advantage
- Experience in identifying and assessing complex IT risks and controls
- Ability to deliver work within tight timelines, on budget and at a high level of quality
- Strong teamwork ability and able to work independently
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2020 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.