Pursue a Career with Impact
At Deloitte China, we are on a mission to nurture and empower our people to become deep subject matter experts.
We offer the perfect platform to unleash your full potential and equip you to thrive on challenges, and partner with our clients to solve their most complex problems.
A world of opportunities awaits. Start your adventure and journey with us.
About the Business
The fourth industrial revolution is driving change at an exciting pace - creating an increasingly global, digital, and interconnected world. The resulting pervasiveness of cyber brings both new business opportunities, and new cyber threats. Deloitte has led the way through every era of cyber risk, from compliance, to resilience, to complexity. Our heritage, combined with deep tech expertise and broad industry experience, means we’re prepared for virtually every scenario.
Deloitte’s Cyber Risk services can help clients perform better, solving complex problems so organizations can build confident futures. Smarter, faster, more connected futures. Better futures never before thought possible - for business, for people, and for the planet. Using human insight, technological innovation, and comprehensive cyber solutions, we manage cyber everywhere, so society can go anywhere.
Work you'll do
• Lead together with the technical manager of Data Protection all technical developments supporting the initiatives on next gen data privacy / protection, including but not limited to solution design & development, collaborate with industry leading vendors and conduct pilot run / POC to our clients
• Explore & understand the market needs and design, develop / implement technical solution together with the team to build the data protection eco-system
• Collaborate in the conducting of assessment and benchmarking with industry best practices pertaining to data privacy and protection, information security and cyber security, including data protection / privacy impact assessments from a technological angle
• Collaborate in the identification and assess risks in the areas of Governance People, Process and Technology, using recognised sources of privacy and data protection frameworks from a technological angle
• Collaborate in advising on and establish data governance framework for our clients including strategies, organisations, policies, processes, standards and guidelines, etc. around data privacy and protection, and information security from a technological angle
• Collaborate in advising advise and support our global clients in privacy by design / default and technology, cyber security projects from a technological angle
• Collaborate in advising on and implementing performance management and frameworks for privacy and protection compliance supported by technologies from a technological angle
• Develop and manage relationships, and meet with relevant data protection and privacy, and security stakeholders within our clients
• Contribute to our research and thought leadership, and work together on our next gen data privacy / protection initiatives to improve the eminence of our data privacy and protection practice
• Collaboration with third party vendors to leverage their tools and solutions implementation for our clients
• As a manager you should be able to independently lead a team during engagements with limited support and supervision
A fit for the role? Let's talk about you.
We are looking for someone with:
• University degree majoring in information systems, computer science, engineering, statistics and / or related areas
• At least 3 years' experience preferably from (technology) consulting firms/large enterprises' project teams
• Passionate about technology and applying it to various areas of data protection
• Knowledge of system development and setup (both functional and technical) including system architecture design and system development lifecycle
• Knowledge and understanding of system's implementation, programming languages and data analytics (e.g. Vue, Restful API, nosql DB, python, SAS)
• Knowledge of the Hong Kong privacy regime. Knowledge of China privacy regime, and APAC and international privacy regulations (e.g. General Data Protection Regulation) would be an advantage
• Knowledge of current privacy and cyber issues, cyber and privacy security frameworks, privacy and data protection (engineering) technologies, emerging trends, and best practices related to data privacy would be an advantage
• Experience of implementing / operating data discovery, data leakage prevention, data inventory, data flow mapping and privacy, data protection technology or other market leading systems, would be seen as an advantage, and system / technology understanding would be an advantage
• Technology related qualification holder will be an advantage
• Strong consultation and communication skills with an ability to explain complex technical issues to non-technical business clients as well as highly proficiency in both spoken and written English and Chinese (Cantonese); Mandarin would be an advantage
Why Deloitte China?
Join Deloitte China
Deloitte China delivers a comprehensive range of audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax services to local, multinational and growth enterprise clients in China.
We are the world's largest professional services firm and change the world, leading with purpose and shared values
We are the undisputed market leader, creating value through multi-disciplinary services and innovative digital solutions, and developing world-class leaders and professionals
We have been named a "Top Employer China" in the Chinese Mainland, Hong Kong & Macau since 2006, providing a “High Value, High Touch, High Tech” talent experience
Start your new chapter with us
Ready to take on new challenges? It's your time to shine. Apply now!