- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
Senior Credit Manager, Private Banking, Hong Kong
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
We are currently looking for Senior Credit Manager, Private Banking, Hong Kong
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure all proposals reviewed and approved are in accordance with properly approved business strategy plans and risk appetite.
- Be fully conversant with the strategic intent and collective agenda for the Function.
- Ensure effective management of operational risks and ensure compliance with applicable internal policies and external laws and regulations.
4) People and Talent
- Contribute to the team in promoting an appropriate culture and values with the function and across the wider local organisation.
5) Risk Management
- Assess the credit risk profile of the Private Banking Clients portfolio within the defined responsibility, maintaining alignment with risk appetite by rebalancing of risks or controls that may be required in response to internal and external factors.
- Uphold the integrity of risk/return decisions, by challenging business to demonstrate that risk origination and control decisions are properly informed and consistent with strategy and risk appetite.
- Assist Head of Credit in effectively communicating risk control parameters across the Business, including policies, control standards, risk exposure limits and other control levers in order to maintain the risk profile in line with the Group's risk appetite.
- Maintain a good understanding of the requirements of key external stakeholders in respect of risk management and ensure these are well understood internally and reflected in internal procedures.
- Contribute to stress tests as required and review results.
- Degree holder in economics, finance or related discipline.
- More than 8 years experience in Private Banking Credit Risk related role.
- Sound knowledge of financial markets, investments, banking and loan products.
- Strong initiative and interactive approach to problem solving.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
A diverse culture
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...