Senior Credit Risk Manager (Credit Approval, Banking)
- 70-90,000 HKD per month + Bonus
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Stirling Andersen , EA Licence No: 16S8094
- 20 Jul 18 2018-07-20
One of Hong Kong's largest banks is currently seeking a high caliber professional to join their team as Senior Credit Risk Manager.
- Be the primary source of contact for local Wholesale Credit Risk and business teams in those areas
- Reviewing, recommending and approving corporate credit proposals from these areas in accordance with delegated lending authority, including transactional requests.
- The promotion of prudent lending principles to ensure strong asset quality and to minimise credit losses.
- Maintain sound credit quality in line with the Group's core credit culture.
- A thorough understanding of Group Risk policy and Country Risk Plans, and how these can be aligned with the business strategy is essential.
- Be fully conversant with the relevant financial, credit and regulatory constraints such as Single Borrower's Limits, cross border exposure limits and industry caps.
- Ensure that all applications are processed within agreed service level timeframes.
- Proactively identify and highlight emerging risk issues.
- Maintain a good overview and understanding of Global Market risk issues.
- For Global Markets structured derivative products, the job holder must ensure that the product is appropriate, the customer's payment ability is stress tested against the maximum downside scenario and that the customer suitability test is rigorously applied.
- Identify operational risk issues, and proactively suggest means by which they can be addressed.
- Ensure lending decisions are in line with the banks Sustainability Risk guidelines, and that reputational risks are avoided.
- Working with local Wholesale Credit Risk team, the job holder has responsibility to ensure that the required monitoring of the use of local limits of authority is strictly implemented and that there are no instances where local authorities are exceeded.
- Provide advice and guidance to sites during the preparation of draft Country Risk Plans
- Maintain a strong relationship with Country Heads of Wholesale Credit and Market Risk, Heads of Business Lines and relationship teams.
- The ideal candidate should be experienced in corporate credits
- Being a client facing relationship manager would be an advantage
- Conversant with various types of credit facilities and their inherent credit risks.
- Experience in balancing credit risk perspective while taking into the commercial perspective into consideration.
- The candidate should possess good communication skill
- Can could conduct meaningful and constructive discussion with stakeholders on issues arising from credit applications at times when the discussion issues are less welcome by the Business be able to communication must be clear and convincing.
- Candidate is expected to be a quick learner and contribute to the team straight away
- Able to work under pressure.