Senior Credit Specialist
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
- We are a department that values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and are committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- Managing a distinct credit portfolio on a day-to-day basis
- Conducting in-depth risk analysis of client, transaction structure and collateral for the purpose of identifying their suitability for demonstrating and to proactively help in mitigating the risks of a transaction, referencing to relevant Global & Regional Credit Policies, Guidelines and Credit Manuals
- Preparing the credit write ups for credit decisions in the specified format; engage and discuss the credit issues with Credit Management as required
- Exercising credit judgment and submitting credit approvals of credit structures in compliance with existing risk appetite, assigned credit authority and applicable manuals
- Encouraging of proactive partnerships, negotiations & communication in relation to credit matters / new transactions with Relationship Managers, Collateral Valuation Office, Solutions Partners, Trading, Legal, Compliance and other CRM / Risk business divisions etc.
- Completing credit reviews / assessment of existing credit facilities
- Coordinating with Loan Operations, Credit Control and Credit Valuation Monitoring teams to ensure that the exposures and position of approved credit transactions are adequately reflected, authorized and monitored in the risk systems
- You understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Education: Bachelor’s or master’s degree preferably in finance, banking or similar; relevant professional accreditation
- At least 5 years of prior work experience in financial services, with a focus on Private Banking, Corporate Banking, Research or Credit Analytics preferred; knowledge of capital markets and credit products offered by private banks desirable
- Personal characteristics: proficient analytical, problem solving skills along with good negotiation skills, conceptual thinking, collaborator.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication along with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- You are result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively and deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.