Senior Customer Engineer
About the Role
We are looking for a bright Technical Customer Support Engineer to join our global Customer Support Delivery Organisation, within SWIFT Operations, based in Hong Kong.
In this role you assist our customers around the world to solve their SWIFT operational challenges on a daily basis.
You must be technically minded and willing to acquire in depth understanding of the entire SWIFT product suite used by our customers: FinTech companies, Banks, and Corporates across the globe.
Sharing your knowledge and expertise with both customers and colleagues will be an important part of your job, that's why our ideal candidate is a team-player and has excellent communication skills.
We work with an Agile mindset where change is part of our daily life, so we expect you to adapt fast and be a promoter of continuous improvement in our services and products. You must also be able to think swiftly and analytically in case of crisis and incidents, inspiring confidence to our customers and peer- colleagues. Education
University degree in IT/Engineering or equivalent Experience
8-10 years of experience in a similar position in the same area, of which 3 years within the SWIFT environment and with customer interaction and exposure Domains Key Responsibilities
You will provide support to SWIFT product and services within the area of expertise of your team: the SWIFT Secured Network used for international transactions, SWIFT Messaging services, SWIFT Software suite, and the many services we offer to our community.
Your main tasks will be:
• Answer customers' queries interacting manly through web-cases
• Work with customers to establish the root cause of problems and provide end-to-end service support, retaining end to end ownership of your cases
• As SWIFT supports a wealth of products and services we use Intelligent Swarming for employees to maintain end-to-end expertise.
• We operate in a KCS (Knowledge Centric Support) fashion: Sharing your solutions with customers and colleagues will be an important part of your job
• Build and maintain customer relationships and increase customer satisfaction by performing checks of their operational environment and giving recommendations for improvement
• Travel to customers to deliver professional services on a case-by-case basis
• Participate in service and products improvement projects and drive project deliverables on a case-by-case basis Competency Profile 01. Takes Accountab. for Delivering Results
Decides on and pursues the best course of action to deliver results following in-depth analyses of relevant issues and conflicting factors and after assessing foreseeable risks; follows through to ensure delivery and closure or escalates as needed. 02. Demonstrates Operational Excellence
Sets clear standards for quality of work; adheres to / encourages a continuous improvement mindset; implements procedures, standards and policies to ensure operational success in terms of security, availability, reliability and customer satisfaction 03. Expands knowledge
Continually extends specialist knowledge as a means of anticipating and preparing for changes in the business; uses a variety of methods and opportunities to learn and to exchange knowledge; encourages and facilitates development of others. 04. Bus Understanding and Commercial Sense
Applies understanding of how different divisions contribute to meeting SWIFT's business objectives; understands market drivers of success and encourages changes to improve offerings while optimising commercial performance. 05. Builds and reinforces cust relationships
Builds and maintains effective working relationships with a range of customers; actively listens to and translates complex needs into appropriate solutions while remaining sensitive to the complexities of the business and SWIFT's commitment to integrity in all relationships; encourages others to demonstrate strong customer focus and responsiveness. 06. Leads with a team focus
Encourages effective team working within and across the department; respects diversity and recognises contributions from colleagues; coaches and leverages others to achieve goals; leads by example and through constant demonstration of SWIFT values. 07. Communicates effectively
Communicates effectively across a wide range of practical or theoretical issues ; modifies communication style to optimise understanding by others; clarifies applicable goals, objectives and business situations; acknowledges and respects other views.