Senior Customer Engineer
About the Role
We are looking for a bright Technical Customer Support Engineer to join our global Customer Support Delivery Organisation, within SWIFT Operations, based in Hong Kong.
In this role you assist our customers around the world to solve their SWIFT operational challenges on a daily basis.
You must be technically minded and willing to acquire in depth understanding of the entire SWIFT product suite used by our customers: FinTech companies, Banks, and Corporates across the globe.
Sharing your knowledge and expertise with both customers and colleagues will be an important part of your job, that's why our ideal candidate is a team-player and has excellent communication skills.
We work with an Agile mindset where change is part of our daily life, so we expect you to adapt fast and be a promoter of continuous improvement in our services and products. You must also be able to think swiftly and analytically in case of crisis and incidents, inspiring confidence to our customers and peer- colleagues. Responsibilities
You will provide support to SWIFT product and services within the area of expertise of your team: the SWIFT Secured Network used for international transactions, SWIFT Messaging services, SWIFT Software suite, and the many services we offer to our community.
Your main tasks will be:
• Answer customers' queries interacting manly through web-cases
• Work with customers to establish the root cause of problems and provide end-to-end service support, retaining end to end ownership of your cases
• As SWIFT supports a wealth of products and services we use Intelligent Swarming for employees to maintain end-to-end expertise.
• We operate in a KCS (Knowledge Centric Support) fashion: Sharing your solutions with customers and colleagues will be an important part of your job
• Build and maintain customer relationships and increase customer satisfaction by performing checks of their operational environment and giving recommendations for improvement
• Travel to customers to deliver professional services on a case-by-case basis
• Participate in service and products improvement projects and drive project deliverables on a case-by-case basis Do you have what it takes?
• A Master or Bachelor degree in IT/Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent.
• Fluent English written and spoken communication skills. Any other major Asian language is an asset
You will have an extra gear if you can provide:
- Technical certifications or proven skills in any of the following fields:
- SWIFT software suite (SWIFTNet, Alliance portfolio and messaging solutions)
- TCP/IP protocol and technical implementation (such as NAT, routing)
- SSO, RADIUS, LDAP integration with applications
- Windows and/or RedHat Linux administration
- Oracle databases, MQ series and/or IBM WebSphere
- User or Administrator of SAP, SalesForce, ServiceNow.
- Java, XML and SQL knowledge
- Experience in a technical customer support environment
- Experience in Financial Services, Banking or similar
- Working knowledge with change management applications (e.g. JIRA, Ant, Hudson or Jenkins Tools) Competitive reward package
Our packages include a competitive base salary, a performance-related bonus, generous retirement benefits, and excellent medical benefits (such as 100% company paid Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance), allowances for you and your family. At SWIFT you can strike the right work-life balance.
We help you perform at your best
We offer a wealth of training opportunities (including the full Linked-in e-learning suite). SWIFT doesn't stand still: we are constantly evolving and tirelessly innovating. If you have what it takes, you'll be able to build a long-term career in the Financial, IT, and Operations sectors. We help you making the difference
We have committed to reducing our carbon footprint a further 36% by 2030. Through our active corporate social responsibility programmes we encourage you to spend time volunteering in your local community, joining existing projects or starting your own with our support. We give you the freedom to be yourself
You will be surrounded by diverse, bright, customer-focused and intellectually curious people in a collaborative, friendly, open and inclusive environment. An environment where you can reach your full potential regardless of background, gender or culture.