Eclipse Trading is one of Asia's leading proprietary derivatives trading firms, specialising in options market making. Technology is at the core of our business, and our trading expertise and strategies are deployed across several Asian markets. Founded in 2007, we have approximately 100 staff across our three office locations – Hong Kong (our HQ), Sydney and Shanghai.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Eclipse Trading is embarking on a large scale transformation of our trading platform. DevOps will play a key part in this evolution. As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will lead the modernization of our deployment and trading application runtime, which covers thousands of servers and services across multiple locations. This is a key project for Eclipse which you will have the opportunity to directly impact its success.
Not only is the highly talented DevOps team responsible for the CI/CD pipelines but it also manages the core infrastructure of the Trading platform and the real time and historical data analytics infrastructure. We strive to promote a culture of collaboration, continuous improvement and automation.
We are seeking a high caliber individual with a passion for DevOps and who is committed to achieving results.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Drive the deployment system modernization; evaluate and select technology choices, engage with developers, build out the solution with others in DevOps team and trading system developers and manage the migration. Integrate new system into the development workflow, identifying opportunities to automate deployment and testing
- Automate developer tools, workflows and trader script deployments
- Develop real time monitoring solutions to drive forward efficiency of IT teams across the firm
- Engineer and optimize data pipelines to deliver real time and historical data to Quant and Trading teams
- Provide technical leadership and mentor junior members of the team
- Practice continuous improvement, including giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Make a direct impact on how technology is delivered and managed at Eclipse
What you offer
- University Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 6+ years work experience in a DevOps, Systems Engineering or similar role
- Modern deployment system and orchestration experience and associated CI/CD tooling
- Experience of driving changes through an organisation, coordinating work across teams, ability to juggle conflicting requirements from multiple stakeholders
- Strong development skills in Python required, experience in Go and shell scripting desirable
- Linux system administration experience
- Experience of Kafka and/or data systems (Hadoop ecosystem, Timescale, data pipelines) desirable
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Experience in mentoring or team management
- Able to work / collaborate with other teams to drive for results
- Extremely focused on automation and standards-based solutions
- Confident individual with excellent interpersonal skills
- Thrive in fast paced working environment
What we offer
- Shape the technical direction at Eclipse
- Grow with an international team of motivated and experienced top performers
- Significantly improve efficiency of developers and trading support
- Career development opportunity in leadership skills and responsibilities
- A dynamic work environment where the focus is on getting things done efficiently instead of working long hours every day
- An attractive benefits package where your contribution will be rewarded handsomely in line with our performance-based remuneration
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Due to the high number of responses that we receive, we are only able to respond to successful applicants.