Joining a well-established insurance company as a Senior Software Engineer to develop the new digital applications.
• Lead backend development and enhancements of digital applications
• Assist in the gathering and analysis of user requirements and provide consultation on estimates, sprint planning and validating / qualifying estimates provided by development teams and third parties.
• Assess application architecture impact and follow sound systems design principles, ensuring reuse of components and flexibility in configuration of design to support multiple: product, country and channel requirements.
• Maintain the quality standards of the application platform, ensuring robust QA and code review processes are in place.
• Establish and adhere to DevOps practices to maximize automation and continuous delivery practices including comprehensive unit testing automation.
• Maintain systems development standards, patterns and ensure compliance.
• Prepare and maintain full technical documentation of development tasks and deliverables
• Troubleshoot system errors reported by users
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in designing and developing simple to complex applications (Node.js, Java etc.)
• Experience in the design, development and testing of microservices
• Extensive experience in delivering integrated digital solutions, particularly complex backend Node.js based functionality and integration
• Experience in delivering projects from inception through to post-implementation warranty using Agile project delivery methodologies
• Experienced in TDD, BDD, DDD etc.
• Good experience in Object Oriented Analysis, Design & Programming
• Experience in the design, development and testing of micro services