Senior Digital Innovation Manager - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Digital Innovation Manager
. Principal responsibilities
- The role is to find, build, and prove propositions at the intersection of unmet customer and partner needs, strategic growth, and emerging technologies with the goal of creating 10X better experiences.
- Using a lean and hypothesis based approach, you will use rapid prototyping, technical feasibility testing and user feedback to validate concepts.
- Drive dramatically more intuitive, personal, and relevant digital experiences and that draw on HSBC's strengths as an international bank.
- We look for people with a broad set of commercial, technical, and interpersonal who are ready to tackle some of the industry's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions of users.
- This role helps to define the edges of markets that do not yet exist for early stage propositions and forecast their path to dramatic market growth.
- By using market data and commercial acumen, insightful observation and forecasting, and competitive landscape analysis, you will provide business critical insights for digital propositions and provide frameworks for understanding potential evolution of industries and markets.
- Work with others across markets, functions, and disciplines to inspire and drive digital proposition strategy and emerging technologies including but not limited to artificial intelligence, distributed ledger technology, Internet of Things to extend our business partnership opportunities.
- Contribute to building and driving strategic and operational initiatives in the region, coordinating with global and regional level and other senior stakeholders in HSBC.
- Ensure that initiatives are adequately and consistently planned, resourced and executed.
- Define strategy for specific digital retail banking propositions as well as partner and ecosystem road maps using market research and in-depth knowledge of competitors and user pain points.
- Drive data based, strategic analysis for new value proposition, positioning, pricing, competitive benchmarking and forecasting.
- Develop and validate hypotheses for emerging business models which may involve any of the following scenario analysis, quantitative modelling, sensitivity analysis.
- Define product market fit in terms of geographic and demographic market selection, market entry, and go to market considerations.
- Lead creation of robust business plans and three year plans that provide the management team with a vision of the future P&L of the product roadmap.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Experience in technology and media strategy consulting, commercial strategy and planning or corporate development at a technology firm or digital part of a financial organization, with experience at a top-tier organization preferred.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to move from detail to executive level strategy and to develop succinct, convincing C-level presentations.
- Experience with creating high value opportunities within a technical environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and the ability to communicate with cross business teams, staffing and other partners.
- Strong intellectual horsepower, effective interpersonal skills, positive attitude, strong work ethics, high level of cultural adaptability and flexibility.
- Working technical knowledge of ICT and ability to grasp and explain technologies quickly.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly diverse team, to thrive with ambiguity, and to work with different teams of technologists, designers, vendors, and partners.
- Extensive experience with quantitative financial modeling and reporting across multiple sources of data may be linked through pivot tables, lookups, conditional formulas or more emergent analytical methods.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.