Senior Digital Product Manager - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 08 Feb 18 2018-02-08
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Digital Product Manager.
In this role, you will
- This person will play a critical role in leading a number of agile development teams, aiming to take HSBC from a collection of locally orientated digital experiences to one global set across business units,
- To build relationships actively with colleagues in the global digital teams and also with wider organisation functions, work together to create compelling staff and customer propositions
- drives digital transformation for both our customers and also internally to departments not yet be accustomed to agile ways of working
- This person would have comprehensive understanding of the market trends and customer needs, proposes commercially viable propositions and works closely with retail bank stakeholders and the wider digital product management teams
- This position is responsible for the product management of key elements of specific HSBC Retail Banking and Wealth Management propositions in order to deliver distinctive value to Digital Channels using current and future digital capabilities
- The role holder is responsible for the overall set of customer features that constitute the Digital element of the proposition in question, which may change from time to time as projects are completed and as priorities evolve. These capabilities are wide ranging and are based on top of core banking including Customer Experience for Digital Channels and in collaboration with the specific proposition owner
- Provides market leading, compelling digital product experiences that can leverage the global scale and distribution network. With increased connections between businesses around the world, the aim is to take HSBC from a collection of locally orientated digital experiences to one global set across Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
- The job holder must ensure the creation of modern bank by supporting the creation of technology infrastructure, refining and removing redundant processes and automating others to ensure delivering the best possible customer experience
- Digital products must be delivered via a single, globally consistent GSP platform, migrating from legacy systems from various markets
- Accountable for the end to end customer experience of the Digital products within the role holder portfolio
- Defines and develop improvement opportunities across customer experience, commercial product sales and digitally native capabilities
- Defines functional and deployment requirements, in conjunction with Software Delivery, Change Delivery, Marketing and other stakeholders to facilitate improved customer engagement
- Refine customer experience for new capabilities in partnership with Group Marketing, Proposition, Multichannel, and other key stakeholders
- Provide competitive assessments by researching new technologies and services, assess competitors or new entrants, review regulations for Digital requirements
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Customer focused, results based approach, able to deliver to deadlines
- Extensive experience with the range of product development and deployment activities including identifying opportunities and developing business cases, defining product or service requirements, engaging a wide range of functional experts to agree deployment approach, project execution, launch, and post launch performance measurement and management
- Consumer financial services industry experience and strong understanding of digital business, while experience with travel, lifestyle or other consumer product development is a strong advantage
- Experience in a global or regional roles, working effectively to deliver targets across diverse cultures
- Comfort with technology including ability to translate business and customer need to business requirements, customer journey mapping, technical assessments, organisational buy in, launch, and ongoing management
- Exposure to projects that touch a range of technical platforms such as digital, mainframe, server
- Strong leadership and creativity to proactively propose new business opportunities and resolve issues
- Strong communication skills for navigating through business requirements, differences of opinion on approach. Experience in developing and executing customer facing and staff facing communications an advantage
- Bachelor degree or equivalent preferable
- Strong competency with professional project planning, and other project management skills. Functional Design experience to map customer processes an advantage
- Demonstrates flexibly when addressing shifting or competing priorities
- Proven ability to build strong relationships across stakeholder groups
- Proven ability to influence large teams without direct leadership authority
- Proven ability to manage third party partners both in partnership development when required, and ongoing partner management
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009Z1E
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited