Senior Director, HSBC Jade - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 27 Aug 18 2018-08-27
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfiling your potential right here at HSBC.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 38 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Director, HSBC Jade.
In this role, you will
- Manage relationship with our highest value HSBC Jade clients
- Acquire, develop and retain relationships with a portfolio of HSBC Jade clients
- Help clients to articulate their needs, and deliver to exceed client expectations
- Know clients on a personal and professional level to understand their short and long term financial goals
- Provide financial advice which leads to highly individualized strategies aimed at wealth creation and capital preservation
- Achieve agreed key performance indicator objectives and profit growth through the development of existing and new HSBC Jade client relationships
- Increase client loyalty by meeting their needs either directly or through effective and proactive collaboration with other internal business partners
- Mentor and coach paired team members through daily activity planning, prioritization, skills transfer and mindset motivation
- Complete line manager responsibilities for managing assigned designated support staff and mobilise the resource to provide best in class service to Jade clients
- Develop Jade team culture and build a strong sense of team spirit to increase the team loyalty to the Bank
- Understand and adhere to local and global compliance
- Maintain the levels of operational integrity required by HSBC and adhere to the Business Principles and Values of HSBC
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Solid years of experience in relationship management and managing ultra-high net worth client portfolios in financial sector
- Proven track record in client portfolio management
- Evidence of strong client recommendation and sales results in wealth products.
- Expert knowledge in financial planning and wealth products.
- Sound knowledge of the impact of macroeconomics/microeconomics/local market developments.
- Expert knowledge of external regulatory framework relevant to wealth management.
- Strong client focus and ability to develop long term partnerships with clients.
- Ability to deliver needs-based solutions through effective communication, influencing, and sales skills.
- Demonstrate proactiveness and skills in mentoring and coaching other colleagues
- Be ambitious about providing the highest standards of delivery to colleagues and clients
- Be authentic and show ability to engage with colleagues and clients to deliver at pace
- Clear view on how to work with Compliance, Credit & Risk and Internal Control to ensure a balanced risk operating environment.
- Holder of relevant insurance and investment licenses
- Excellent communication skills in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- Less experienced candidates will be considered for the role of Director, HSBC Jade
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000BN38
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited