Senior Director, Program Manager - Regional Distribution
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Manulife Hong Kong
- 22 Jul 18 2018-07-22
Senior Director, Program Manager - Regional Distribution
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Distribution Delivery & Transformation Team owns all initiatives to develop ideate and create customer centric solutions with a common set of components that can be reused across countries or channels with customization and localization.
The Program Manager role is to manage the business relation with individual countries and a point of contact for the respective countries in socializing and on boarding newly developed ideas with the countries, raising enhancements requests to new digital solutions deployed and ensuring that the overall business & technical implementation for the countries is in line with that of the Regional solution. The Program Manager will be responsible for the management of the program budget, resource and schedule for that particular country implementation.
- Responsible for program implementation (i.e. overall business & technical implementation) for all countries in the Region for Delivery Services projects. This includes ensuring the programs are delivered with a focus on scope, quality, timeliness and within budget
- Maintain business alignment across work streams in country, by working closely with the senior stakeholders to maintain scope
- Responsible for managing the cross functional teams at a country level and ensure alignment back up to the program level. This includes business & technical teams (Business Analysts, Architects, Delivery Teams, UX/UI Designers, Testers) and also across the Manulife organization
- Ensure that the Release planning and transition to BAU is completed at the country level to determine a clear roadmap for functionality is delivered in line with the End State Vision for the country
- Work closely with PMO to document business case for gating purposes, detailing business options, risks and costs verse benefit analysis.
- Provide project oversight to ensure that the plan and business scope for solution delivery is maintained as per the business case developed.
- Point of contact for the country to advise any operational in-efficiencies and enhancement requests for the solutions being deployed at the country level.
- Responsible to ensure that the solution being implemented at the country level is leveraging the best practice across the countries in the region.
- Enforces the digital solutions vision for best practices and integrate these elements to create the optimal customer experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology/System, Business Administration, Project Management or closely-related field.
- Minimum 8 years of solid experience of project management or in delivery role in Wealth Management/Investment sector.
- Solid experience and knowledge in insurance or wealth asset management including middle office operations.
- Exceptional knowledge and proficiency in project management tools, techniques, and systems development methodologies and lifecycles, including Waterfall and Agile.
- Highly effective influence, negotiation and collaboration skills with the ability to work across the enterprise globally.
- Strong financial management skills to establish controls, track resource/costs and provide good business solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels, including C-suite.
- Must have proven experience in identifying project risks and issues, and making effective decisions/engaging project team members to develop risk mitigation/avoidance plans.
- Ability to foster and build relationships, engage and influence others, work with diverse internal, global business units and global network providers/outsourcers.
- Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change with a strong awareness and understanding of cultural diversity.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite of products including MS Word, Excel, MS Project and MS Visio.
- Ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
- Comfortable dealing with third-party vendors.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.