Senior Economist / Economist
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- China CITIC Bank International Limited
- 17 Oct 18
Reporting to the Chief Economist, the role is expected to carry out macro-economic, policy, industrial and market research to help internal management and staff members understand business environment, provide research support on business marketing activities, and assist Chief Economist to prepare and produce economic house-views to media in order to promote the image of the Bank in the market.
• Conduct economic analysis and forecast on China economy as well as the global economy
• Conduct financial market analysis and forecast on selected global financial markets
• Conduct sectoral analysis and forecast on selected industries in China as well as Hong Kong
• Assist the Chief Economist to prepare Bank’s house-views on economic, market developments and outlook to difference media channels including newspapers, TV, radio and websites
• Interact with various departments of the Bank through providing data/ information and forecast inputs for modeling, planning and documenting works
• Provide responses to ad hoc requests from the Bank’s management and business counterparts in respect to the latest economic/ industry/ market/ policy developments
• Prepare write ups and publications including research reports, analysis notes, presentations, article publications, media mentions and forecast summary tables
• PhD degree holder in Economics or related disciplines
• Minimum 3 - 5 years of research experience as an economist, with at least 3 years on China economy
• Sound knowledge in economics including macro-economic policy and economic frameworks
• High degree of attentiveness and responsiveness to market movements and internal changes including adversities
• Robust analytical capability, both qualitative and quantitative
• Insightful and justified views on China economy
• Good command of English and Chinese including Putonghua
• Strong writing and presentation skills
~~For more details about career opportunities with the Bank, please visit our website http://www.cncbinternational.com/careers/en/index.jsp. Please apply with full resume stating current and expected salaries.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment related purposes only. Applicants not invited for interview within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. However, applicants may be considered for other suitable positions within the Group for a period of not more than 2 years. Personal data will be destroyed at any time after 3 months.
China CITIC Bank International is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and intends to provide a work environment free of unlawful discrimination or harassment. All employment decisions will be made in a non-discriminatory manner.