Senior Equity Analyst
Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!
Responsible for providing in-depth analysis of stocks or sectors which can contribute positively to portfolios and supporting investment team with higher involvement into various activities of portfolio management Responsibilities Investment & Stock Research:
Higher Level Research Skills
- To follow implementation of Equity Research TOM;
- Conduct investment research on companies and sectors in Asia with return target according to pre-set criteria;
- Strong aptitude in alpha generation, financial model analysis and strong communication skills;
- Strong presentation and communication skills to engage and collaborate with other BUs to share opinions;
- Make investment recommendation and communicate research findings to regional investment teams across Asia on timely basis;
- Make investment recommendations to Head of Investments on consistent basis to contribute positively to equity portfolios;
- To work closely with Regional Head of Equity Research of Group Investment for stock and sector research;
- Perform ad-hoc projects as required.
Communications & Collaboration:
- To develop skills to identify the best risk/reward opportunities among investment universe using a combination of relative value, market technical and bottom-up fundamental analysis;
- Apply and refine fundamental research techniques to support investment thesis;
- To expect to make major and bold stock or sector investment ideas;
- To develop skill to gather multiple sources of data for idea generation and research support;
- To develop and refine complex financial models, analytical processes and methodologies for new economy sectors;
- To demonstrate the ability to be more pro-active in making investment calls;
- Ability to take on new sector coverage across different geography;
- To develop skill of portfolio management through set up of model portfolio with regular performance review.
- Network/engage with external stakeholders e.g. buy & sell side, and listed companies to gather information for decision making, and stay updated with industry happenings and trends.
- University graduate in Economics, Finance, Business or related fields;
- At least 8 years of equity investment and research experience;
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills;
- High level of motivation and energy;
- Passion for excellence, result-driven and work well under pressure;
- Strong communications, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Good command of written and spoken English and in local dialect relevant to the market covered;
- Holder of investment-related professional qualification such as CFA, FRM or ACCA preferred;
- Possession of relevant SFC license required.
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.