Senior Front Office Support Analyst
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Northern Trust Company
- 14 Aug 18 2018-08-14
Senior Front Office Support Analyst
Who we are
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise, and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
What we do
Northern Trust Asset Management is a multi-asset class investment manager offering a broad range of investment solutions. The primary focus of this role will be to assist in the support of the Portfolio Management and Trading teams and to provide dedicated "front line" support to allow them to focus on Investment Management and Trade Execution. Functions will include trade and cash monitoring, position monitoring, prep and follow up on corporate actions, counterparty and custodian management, account setup and maintenance, exception resolution. Knowledge of investments, including terminology, instruments and general industry practices is required, especially regarding Equity/Fixed Income/FX trade settlement. Strong analytical and communication skills are required to research and resolve queries and issues.
The ideal candidate should have a strong teamwork ethic but be able to work independently in a time sensitive environment as well. As such strong communication skills (written and verbal) whilst analysing/problems solving/decision making are the key to focusing on successful stakeholder relationships.
What you will do
- Assist in the day to day support contact for Portfolio Managers and Traders
- Daily review of positions, market values and cash to validate accuracy.
- Investigate any inaccuracies identified and their impact on Portfolio Managers, and coordinate directly with IOO teams to resolve
- Monitor trades originated by the front office trading to ensure timely matching, confirmation and reporting.
- Work with IOO team to address any trade discrepancies uncovered during the trade matching and settlement process.
- Help serve as the liaison between the portfolio management and outsourced teams to resolve any data or processing issues
- Work closely with other NTAM partners in support of the business
- Ensure the timely and accurate setup of new accounts on relevant systems coordinating with the New Account Opening team
- Work as part of a local and global team with members based in London, Hong Kong, Chicago and India
- Responsible for identifying and resolving problems within established procedural guidelines
- Be risk averse by identifying process or business risks and escalate to line manager.
- Experience in the investment management
- Knowledge of securities markets and Portfolio Management
- Analytical skills to resolve and research queries and issues
- Proven understanding of the trading and settlement life cycle for equities, fixed income, futures and FX
- Understanding of corporate actions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong MS-Excel skills
- Experience with Bloomberg, FxAll and key NT Systems (e.g. PMW, Charles River, Eagle, Blackrock Aladdin) is beneficial
- Good process and procedure development skills
- Ability to pick up procedures quickly.
As of March 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.8 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
- $130 billion in banking assets
Northern Trust is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for excellence in our efforts to recruit, develop and deploy the highest caliber workforce. Our commitment and success to a diverse workforce is evident in employee satisfaction and industry acknowledgment. For a list of all our achievements please click here .
The closing date to apply for this role is 17 th August 2018 and we will be in touch with an update within two weeks.
For a private discussion please contact Gez Williams on +61 3 9935 8204.