Senior IT Analyst
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Northern Trust Company
- 16 Dec 18
Senior IT Analyst
Who we are
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise, and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
Northern Trust's international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Since 1986, we have been serving clients in Asia-Pacific (APAC), including corporate pension funds, investment managers, insurance companies, government agencies, family offices and corporations. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
What we do
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
What you will do
Responsible for assisting partners in devising hardware and software solutions using personal computers (PC), data communications equipment, terminals, electronic office equipment and desktop tools. Analyzes systems' needs, handles problem resolution, provides quality assurance reviews and trains partners on use of various tools. Provides technical support to all Asia offices. Performs Project Manager responsibilities as needed and keeps abreast of new technology.
- Knowledge of systems applications, programming languages and knowledge or PC software products and capabilities, usually acquired through related work experience, are needed to consult with partners and devise hardware and software solutions.
- Problem solving and organizational skills are needed to perform multiple, complex assignments as well as to resolve inquiries and manage conflicting priorities.
- Analytical and logic skills are required to understand and devise hardware and software solutions.
- Requires ability to translate technical solutions to partners based on their level of technical expertise.
- Analytical skills are necessary to understand and translate client requirements into deliverables.
- Good Project Management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills are essential to successfully service clients and to maintain good working relationships with partners.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Good working knowledge of and troubleshooting experience in MS suites, Lotus Notes and SharePoint.
- Good understanding of LAN/WAN systems, IP networking, storage network technologies, virtualization, and Citrix.
- A bachelor's degree or its equivalent
- Minimum 10-12 years' of technical experience with IT infrastructure, system applications and PC, office and desktop tools.
- ITIL, MCSE, MCSA and CCNA certification a plus
- Working knowledge of Service Now System tool a plus
- Willingness to work alternate hours/schedule when required
- Approachable with the ability to relate to people.
- Analytical, resourceful, independent and results oriented
- Team player
- Able to multitask and work under pressure
- Dedicated and responsible.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
- Takes initiatives and enthusiastic to learn.
As of September 30, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.8 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $8.2 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
- $132 billion in banking assets
Northern Trust is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for excellence in our efforts to recruit, develop and deploy the highest caliber workforce. Our commitment and success to a diverse workforce is evident in employee satisfaction and industry acknowledgment. For a list of all our achievements please click here .
For a private discussion please contact Gez Williams on +61 3 9935 8204.