Senior Implementation Consultant - Designer
About The Role
With experience in analysis,design and architecture, being able to translate customers' business requirements into a solution design for medium to big size/complexity/risk projects in alignment with the Alliance Messaging Hub (AMH) product architecture and features. Ability to assess the risks, assumptions and constraints related to the solution and work with the SWIFT Project Manager, customer Project Manager and customer Solution Architect to come to fitting strategy and plan of action to come to a solution.
This is an opportunity for an energetic professional who enjoys analysis and architectural work, but can synthesize and abstract the information at a level suitable for the target audience, who can skillfully negotiate with stakeholders, and with a commitment to deliver high quality work while adhering to fixed project timeframes. Responsibilities Responsibilities
- As part of the solution design; define, analyze, document and evaluate business requirements for projects by working in close liaison with customer stakeholders peering with the SWIFT AMH Project Manager, Pre-sales team and Marketing team.
- Propose architecturally sound solutions to business problems in relation to current and future business and IT environments of the customer and matching to current and future features of the AMH product.
- Prepare, write and maintain high-level infrastructure and solution design documents in collaboration with internal stakeholders, ranging from the SWIFT AMH business analyst and implementation consultants, the SWIFT AMH project manager and in case of AMH product gaps, the SWIFT AMH marketing team.
- Clearly and unambiguously define a solution design that meets the customer requirement specifications, taking into account all aspect of a solution such as data flow, information architecture, integration patterns, security aspects, topology, performance and resilience, etc... in either customer specific documentation standards or the SWIFT Methodology templates.
- Prepare and conduct analysis, architecture and design workshops, walkthrough sessions, review meetings and presentations on system enhancements and/or alternatives.
- Provide assistance during implementation and testing by clarifying the solution, and keeping the design documentation in line with the implemented solution through version tracking.
- Drive solution design keeping AMH best practices and feasibility into consideration. This may include a critical view at the requirements and influence to customer to make the best choices for him and AMH project
- A University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- 4 to 6 years' experience in similar roles with experience in analysis, design and architecture of software systems in the integration space as a consultant or equally through work experience in IT architecture with an appetite to learn consultancy or,
- Business/implementation consultancy with an appetite to learn architecture and design.
Professional knowledge and experience
Company & department description
- Excellent analytical skills and critical mindset.
- Knowledge of (financial) messaging platforms, from architectural and integration point of view.
- Knowledge of protocols and technology standards: network technologies, XML, database and security technologies, specifically deeply understanding their concepts and design.
- Solid experience of formal structured software engineering methodologies: OO analysis, design and modelling (UML).
- Solid experience in Word and Visio as editing tools, knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint is an asset.
- Solid experience in overall integration patterns and systems architecture within a consultancy space.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with excellent English, both written and spoken.
- Any additional language is an asset
- Eager to participate in continuous improvement of the architecture and design process, both during pre-sales and during delivery.
- Knowledge of SWIFT products and services is an asset.
- Experience with Oracle, MQ and/or application server clustering and high-availability technologies is an asset.
SWIFT provides the platform, messaging, standards, and products & services to over 10.500 customers in 215 countries and territories.
Our employees are the foundation of this success.
SWIFT has an unique corporate mindset, where diversity, personal development and networking are actively encouraged. And we think you'll like our office culture, built around the way we work to achieve a healthier work/life balance.
If you want to be part of our dynamic, multi-cultural institution with over 2400 employees of 75 nationalities, in 26 offices worldwide, then explore the vast opportunities, rewards and internationally competitive packages that we are waiting for you here at SWIFT.
Alliance Messaging Hub (AMH) is a flexible, multi-network, high-volume financial messaging software that is targeted at large financial institutions with particularly intricate integration requirements. AMH is perfectly suited for banks that are looking for a highly available, customisable and scalable platform that meets their operational requirements while being cost effective at the same time.
The AMH technology is modular and can handle in parallel, financial transaction messages for various networks, enabling extensive throughput combined with sophisticated data management. The end result is high straight through processing rates with increased agility and efficiency