Senior Legal Counsel - Global Legal
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Jun 18 2018-06-24
Senior Legal Counsel - Global Legal
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities.
Global Legal plays an important role in protecting the Group's reputation by helping to future-proof the organisation through robust legal risk and issue advisory. Responsible for providing comprehensive legal advice to senior management and all global businesses and functions, the team offers a diverse range of legal skills, jurisdictional experience and practice specialisms across all countries and territories in which our businesses operate.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Legal Counsel.
- Act as a senior advisor and lead lawyer to the Custody, Global Custody and Direct Custody and Clearing and Collateral Management business within HSBC Securities Services in Asia Pacific Region, which is part of the Global Banking and Markets division of HSBC
- Working closely with a global team of advisory and transaction lawyers supporting GBM and the wider HSS business.
- Provide expert and professional legal advice, guidance and support to ensure that the legal and reputational risks in the above HSS business lines are identified, reported and mitigated.
- Provide advice and assistance with respect to product development, assessing and implementing regulatory change and special projects.
- Contribute to applicable HSS business management and governance meetings, advising and supporting senior management and business colleagues across product lines at both regional and global level and identifying, formulating, coordinating and communicating policies, procedures and controls to ensure that the HSBC Group's exposure to legal risk in the above HSS business lines is effectively managed.
- Qualified Lawyer with private practice and or relevant post qualification experience with an international bank in a security services investor services business with a focus on custodial services.
- Up to date knowledge and experience of developments in relation to securities services, specifically involving, custody, collateral management, foreign exchange, post trade and ancillary products.
- Knowledge and experience of banking, corporate and securities law concepts and a working knowledge of the laws in the major jurisdictions in which HSBC operates, specifically around client asset and client money rules. A working knowledge of CASS, MiFID II, UCITS, Stock Connect and related regulations would be beneficial.
- Experience with drafting, negotiating and advising on non standard bespoke custody agreements, collateral management agreements and other associated documentation.
- Working with product on new product approvals and offering in the markets that HBSC operates in.
- Corporate and Compliance experience an advantage, but not essential.
- Knowledge of the HSBC Group corporate structures, its business and personnel and a clear understanding of HSBC's corporate culture.
- Developing leadership skills.
- Self starter, independent with good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise effectively
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Lateral thinking and problem solving.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.