Senior Legal Counsel - Global Legal
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Jul 18 2018-07-21
Senior Legal Counsel - Global Legal
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
Global Legal plays an important role in protecting the Group's reputation by helping to future-proof the organisation through robust legal risk and issue advisory. Responsible for providing comprehensive legal advice to senior management and all global businesses and functions, the team offers a diverse range of legal skills, jurisdictional experience and practice specialisms across all countries and territories in which our businesses operate.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Legal Counsel .
- Act as a senior advisor and lead lawyer to the Corporate Trust and Loan Agency business within HSBC Securities Services in Asia Pacific Region, which is part of the Global Banking and Markets division of HSBC Bank
- Working closely with a global team of advisory and transaction lawyers supporting Global Banking and Markets and the wider HSBC Securities Services business.
- Provide expert and professional legal advice, guidance and support to ensure that the legal and reputational risks in the above HSBC Securities Services business lines are identified, reported and mitigated.
- Provide advice and assistance with respect to product development, assessing and implementing regulatory change and special projects.
- Contribute to applicable HSBC Securities Services business management and governance meetings, advising and supporting senior management and business colleagues across product lines at both regional and global level and identifying, formulating, coordinating and communicating policies, procedures and controls to ensure that the HSBC Group's exposure to legal risk in the above HSS business lines is effectively managed.
- Qualified Lawyer with private practice or relevant post qualification experience with an international bank in a security services or investor services business or asset management business.
- Up to date knowledge and experience of developments in relation to securities services, including agency securities lending, custody, credit and lending, trustee, for example bond and security trustee, foreign exchange and ancillary products.
- Knowledge and experience of banking, corporate and securities law concepts and a working knowledge of the laws in the major jurisdictions in which HSBC operates.
- Able to handle a diverse range of legal and regulatory issues, for example general banking, debt capital markets, loan agency, custody, escrows, bond issuances, and regulatory developments.
- Corporate and Compliance experience an advantage, but not essential.
- Knowledge of the HSBC Group corporate structures, its business and personnel and a clear understanding of HSBC's corporate culture.
- Developing leadership skills.
- Self starter, independent with good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise effectively
- Excellent communication, negotiation and inter personal skills.
- Strong lateral thinking and problem solving.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.