- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Hays Legal Hong Kong
- 13 Aug 18
- Hong Kong
- Full time
Senior Legal Counsel, Fast-Growing Regional Bank
Mid to senior level legal banking job in Hong Kong offering a competitive salary with excellent working hours
Your new company
A regional bank with an ever expanding portfolio is offering an opportunity for a lawyer to join their legal team based in Hong Kong. The position is functionally reporting into the Head of Legal in Head Office, and locally into the Chief President of the Bank.
- Provide general and transactional legal advice to business divisions/functions of the Branch including but not limited to general banking, financing, investment products, derivatives, debt capital market, administrative, corporate and governance matters and other areas
- Maintain legal oversight of the Branch through attending various governance, control and management meetings
- Coordinate legal dispute negotiation and settlement on behalf of the Branch
- Review and negotiate legal agreements for specific transaction and documents for general banking products and services, agreements for operational purposes including confidentiality agreements, operational agreements (outsourcing agreements, supply agreements) and miscellaneous agreements
- Review, maintain and manage documentation templates
- Provide legal review and sign-off on internal policies and procedures
- Design, develop and approve new products documentation and coordinate with country compliance in relation to approval process and roll-out of new products
- Conduct regular and ad hoc education seminars to employees on legal and ethical issues relating to their business unit
- Liaise with external legal counsel and oversee project implementation.
- Degree holder in laws and be admitted as a solicitor of the HKSAR
- Minimum 3 years of post-qualification experience preferably in banking industry
- Conversant with HKSAR legal and regulatory requirements on commercial banking procedures
- Strong knowledge in banking operations as well as banking products and services
- Strong organizational skills and to work both independently and as a team member of the branch office
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or for further information and a confidential discussion on this role or to find out about more opportunities in the in-house legal space, please contact Adrian Lam at Hays on +852 2230 7432 or email email@example.com.