Senior Legal Counsel, Global Banking - Global Legal
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 07 Mar 18 2018-03-07
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfiling your potential right here at HSBC.
Global Legal plays an important role in protecting the Group’s reputation by helping to future-proof the organisation through robust legal risk and issue advisory. Responsible for providing comprehensive legal advice to senior management and all global businesses and functions, the team offers a diverse range of legal skills, jurisdictional experience and practice specialisms across all countries and territories in which our businesses operate.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Legal Counsel, Global Banking .
In this role, you will
- Provide expert and professional legal, structural and technical advice, guidance and support to ensure that the legal and reputational risk of the relevant Global Banking businesses are identified and mitigated.
- Within the above context, supporting the Global Banking business in Asia Pacific, including the Real Estate Financing business, assisting the team with drafting, reviewing and negotiating mandates, term sheets and requests for proposal, reviewing and commenting on facility agreements and other finance documentation, including security documents and reviewing conditions precedent to closing such as legal opinions.
- Providing execution expertise including management of external lawyers and external legal costs.
- Ability to be innovative and suggest solutions that work well commercially and within the relevant legal framework and to respond in a time critical manner, both in and out of working hours.
- Coordinating and managing relationships with diverse areas within HSBC such as origination, relationship managers, compliance, agency, operations, external counsel and other third party service providers.
- Maintaining and updating databases, including of previously agreed documents in particular in relation to sponsor related deals.
- Assisting and liaising with the syndicate team where required on structuring and support to ensure marketability or maximisation of successful sell down.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Qualified Lawyer in appropriate jurisdiction.
- Knowledge and experience of export finance transactions
- Experience of working with banks in export finance and how to document an export finance transaction.
- Understanding of domestic and cross border loan documentation and processes
- Ability to prioritise
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills
- Lateral thinking and problem solving ability
- Ability to speak another language in addition to English would be preferable but not essential.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000AJIE
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited