Senior Liquidity Risk Manager - Global Risk
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Jun 18 2018-06-17
Senior Liquidity Risk Manager - Global Risk
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Liquidity Risk Manager .
- Responsibility for providing independent risk oversight of liquidity risk management for HSBC Asia Pacific , with an initial focus on HSBC Hong Kong.
- Leverage local country Operational Risk and regional Operational Risk resources where appropriate to deliver oversight over the use and embedding of the Operational Risk Management Framework by the Three Lines of Defence.
- Execute a comprehensive and granular programme of liquidity and second line of defence and ensure that the system is performing as designed.
- This role requires deep understanding of liquidity risk, funding products and tools employed to manage Enterprise wide liquidity risk.
- Understanding of its sources and uses, resulting risks, and the reporting, governance and processes employed to manage liquidity risk.
- Support the build out of an effective Liquidity risk management second line function.
- Review entire stress testing process as it pertains to liquidity including but not limited to the scenarios that are chosen for the stress tests and assumptions made on liquidity of both assets and liabilities. Perform and document independent analysis on the assumptions to ensure independent viewpoint. Support and refine existing stress model assumptions and controls including their limits, guidelines, and model framework.
- Provide analytical support to generate an independent viewpoint and document appropriate challenges particularly relating to independent testing of assumptions.
- Reviews both liquidity risk management policies, limits, standards, controls, metrics and thresholds and ensures they are within the defined corporate standards approved by the Board and ALCO. This includes annual reviews of the Contingent Funding plan.
- Review Front Line Units and the Enterprise's governance processes to ensure Liquidity Risk taken is in accordance with the corporation's Risk Appetite and that the proper risk framework is deployed to measure, monitor and control the risk
- Keep current on regulations relating to Liquidity Risk management issued and reviewed by the PRA, Basel committee on Banking Supervision, and any other relevant regulator.
- Participate in data analysis and material preparation for regulatory exams and ad hoc analysis.
- Role also requires a fundamental understanding of all business line activities carried out within the Global Banking and Markets business line.
- Partner with control functions to leverage reports, routines, processes and systems.
- Development and implementation of effective processes systems supporting risk strategy
- Development of efficient and streamlined liquidity processes.
- Requires close coordination and good negotiation skills.
- In addition, the jobholder is expected to be organized and to act independently and exercise broad discretion with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Demonstrated business knowledge, ideally from first hand trading experience of the majority of the products used to manage liquidity.
- Practical experience of running a balance sheet within the group, either at branch level or as part of larger Balance Sheet Management desk, or its equivalent at a rival bank.
- Practical experience of funding gaps and the importance of liquidity management.
- Exposure to demanding operational environments to gain insight into effective risk management applications.
- Working across all levels of an organisation to understand cross functional linkages and interdependencies, as well as the implications of risk at both a strategic level and at the business unit level.
- Good knowledge of vanilla derivative markets products and relevant traded markets.
- Working knowledge of complex derivative markets products and relevant traded markets.
- Understanding how a bank squares its balance sheet and the demands this puts on the liquidity and identifying uses of the balance sheet.
- Good knowledge of cross market funding, and asset transformation.
- Good understanding of credit risk, the cost of credit, and the effects of limiting credit.
- Proven technical competency with system infrastructure.
- Detailed understanding of HSBC overall business dynamics.
- Network across HSBC Group and the Banking industry
- Has developed a high level of professionalism and competency which helps to determine solutions around appropriate risk measures, risk processes, risk monitoring and management.
- Established financial and accounting acumen.
- Must adapt to the evolutionary nature of the Liquidity risk management second line framework and analytical processes.
- Must be able to adapt to the changing regulatory expectations of liquidity risk in a timely manner.
- Ability to speak up and challenge when necessary
- Ability to navigate a challenging regulatory environment
- The ability to communicate complex issues in ordinary language to a large multicultural audience.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.