Senior Manager/Associate Director, Accounting (Regional)
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description
This position is accountable for the oversight of project expenses for Asia segment, including the whole accounting and reporting process of all project related to support the full realization of benefits for Manulife strategy. The role reports into the Head of Expense Management, Asia, and is responsible for setting up project budget, accurate and timely reporting of project expenses and forecasting, and providing thorough and insightful analysis of actual expenses at a strategic level.
Working with various stakeholders in Regional Office and Business Unit level, the role is expected to establish governance and oversight of spend, and to engender a cost-consciousness throughout the organization. This role is also required to establish robust processes and controls to support regional projects and on-going operations to achieve their business objectives and priorities. Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Experience:
- This role requires solid understanding of financial reporting, expense management and reporting and driving processes improvement and implementing controls.
- Provide timely, accurate and insightful project expense forecasts to facilitate business decisions and to drive expense accountability for the Asia segment.
- This requires working with regional functional teams, local teams and project managers to ensure that the information is sufficiently robust for decision-making purposes.
- Manage the project reporting function to maintain visibility and financial control over key regional office projects.
- Work closely with Project Management Office to drive project accountability by establishing the proper project governance process and to ensure the cost and benefits are accepted and delivered to Regional and Business Units
- Partner with the key stakeholders, including the Function Owner, to identify the spending trend and patterns, potential savings / accrual needed and area of potential spending to align with and achieve the Regional Office and Asia Division strategic goals.
- Provide the meaningful commentary to Regional Senior Management to facilitate the governance and oversight of project spend and benefits
- Establish the process to keep track of regional office project costs and benefits allocation to business unit and ensure timely articulate of information to stakeholders with the ability to interpret complex financial data to articulate recommendations.
- Embed the process to Asia Finance team and provide support to business units as needed.
- Review project and business cases to assess, particular in validating financial assumptions, identify areas of improvement and clarification in costing and benefits of individual projects.
- Ensure the one source of truth of information between the Project Team and Finance Team.
- Actively look for and execute opportunities to improve existing processes in driving efficiency in the process and quality reporting.
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
- A recognized accounting degree with at least 10 years of post-graduate experience, project management and reporting experience is a plus
- PMP or similar project management qualifications and certifications is advantageous
- Good financial analysis skills to track resources and costs
- Demonstrated strong analytical, planning, execution and problem solving skills.
- Strategic thinking with visionary paradigm
- Challenging the status quo and acts a change agent
- Focus on client needs, foster teamwork and strong collaboration
- Be able to communicate and summarize complex issues to the audience
- Self-starter and passionate with can-do attitude
- Ability to multitask effectively, perform under tight timeframe and cope in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of June 30, 2019, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$877 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.4 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.